1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Psycho-Physiological Dizziness Syndrome (PPDS)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Gigalos, May 18, 2014.

1. Matthewa100

Matthewa100 New Member

Thanks for the feedback Jan, once again without sounding like a broken record it is truly appreciated.

Have a great day tiphata!

2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks Matthew, Jan and Plum... your replies more than fulfilled my emotional needs for today :shame:

When I experience my personal (rather mild) relapses of TMS, as I too am only human, I sometimes revisit this forum. More often than not I stumble upon valuable posts and links that help me get back on track. And sometimes I meet some dear old friends in the process... ❤️ I may be a distant star right now to this planet called the TMSWiki... Jan and Plum, you are most definitely its sun and moon...

we'll meet again I'm sure, take care girls!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Matthewa100

Matthewa100 New Member

With pleasure Gigalos :) Glad to have been of service. ;-)

I found what is triggering my PPDS / TMS at least what my sneeky NS is doing on one of the other threads.> "I like Claire Weekes explanation in that it's tension being applied to the semi-circular canals in your ears that is causing dizziness."

]Thanks Matthew, Jan and Plum... your replies more than fulfilled my emotional needs for today :shame:

When I experience my personal (rather mild) relapses of TMS, as I too am only human, I sometimes revisit this forum. More often than not I stumble upon valuable posts and links that help me get back on track. And sometimes I meet some dear old friends in the process... ❤️ I may be a distant star right now to this planet called the TMSWiki... Jan and Plum, you are most definitely its sun and moon...

we'll meet again I'm sure, take care girls![/QUOTE]

4. Lzrs

Lzrs New Member

I think I have this!

I am currently experiencing a lot of the symptoms you described along with chest pain (went to ER already, will be doing some other tests just to rule out heart issues). This started about two weeks ago and I am currently in a very stressful time in my life, I feel like everything has been upturned by 180 degrees and these symptoms certainly don't help. I have experienced stuff like even mild agoraphobia (scared to take the bus in case I collapse in front of other people, scared to take elevator in case I get stuck and have an episode). So the key is just to ignore everything, like TMS and chronic pain? I tried a bit of somatic tracking this morning and that also seems to help, at least calms me down.

5. Booble

Booble Well known member

Maybe not ignore ignore but acknowledge that the sneaky TMS part of the brain is at work. Let it know that you know. You can even thank it for the warning but let it know that it's not necessary. And then grab some paper and pen and ask yourself why and what's up and what are you angry about that you are unaware of and see what flows out.

6. Lzrs

Lzrs New Member

Hi,

Just wanted to drop in and say my symptoms are 99% gone. It really was PPPD. No more chest pain, tinnitus, dizzyness or lightheadedness. It really is as simple as surfing the symptoms and not giving in to fear

EVEAGOO and JanAtheCPA like this.
  7. EVEAGOO

EVEAGOO New Member

Thank you so much for sharing this PDF. Can anyone explain more about what is meant by 'internal ‘shift’ sensations (‘Whoops’ moments)? What does that feel like? Has anyone experienced that? About 4 years ago, during a very stressful period I began having episodes where I felt I was having "glitches" in my head lasting no more than a second at a time. Not a feeling of blacking out, but almost a split second of dizziness. I imagined that if anyone was looking in my eyes in that exact moment, they'd see my eyes jerk to the right or something. When the stressful event resolved, the symptoms disappeared.

Currently, I am under a new set of stressful circumstances and lo and behold, I began having these same strange sensations. They usually happen when I'm already a bit anxious, but sometimes they happen when I'm seemingly calm, scrolling on my phone. I sometimes wonder if my eye movements have something to do with it because it's almost always when I'm looking at something that is moving. But I can't believe it's something physical or related to my vision because it went away for 4 years and suddenly came back.

Does this fall under the category of PPPD? Or is it another "diagnosis" that is also TMS? I'd love to have a name for it so I can search success stories
    Thanks!!

8. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Many years have passed since the original post. I am happy to see that PPPD (Persistent Postural Perceptual Dizziness) nowadays gives hundreds of hits on Google. I believe it has been "officially recognized" as a condition in 2017 by the medical community. I think this is a prime example of the paradigm slowly shifting.

9. Lilybluerose

Lilybluerose Peer Supporter

Doing tms work and somatic stuff has really helped mine. I once had it so bad I was in motion dizzy literally 24/7 for three years straight. That left me terrified to lay down flat , or on my right side. ( I do get legit bppv episodes very occasionally) But this is diff.

I did the steady coach program on YouTube and the gist is basically understanding this is psychosomatic . I used to not be able to lay flat for even five seconds without pure panic attacks and dizziness. I'm laying in bed now completely flat , writing this now :)

Challenge it daily do what scares you with it. Such as laying flat id that's your trigger. I still get minor episodes once in a while but I know it's nothing . Keep challenging it.

JanAtheCPA likes this.