1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 Progress so far

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by douggie, Nov 19, 2016.

1. douggie

douggie Peer Supporter

Progress so far

So far, I've had a lot of success with the program. Before, if I use the computer at all, I would start getting RSI symptoms. Now, I think I'm at 50% better. My hand still feel A little bit inflamed, but it doesn't last. It goes away really quickly. Before, it would last for a long time.

This is the same with my back pain. Yesterday, I watched a movie at the movie theater. I sat down through the entire movie. I did not get up or move around. When the pain came, I just observed it, nothing more. The pain did not last till the next day-normally, it would have. Also, I think it would've been more painful sitting there.

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Well done on the small win! It's great that you've recognised thus and the inflammation disappears quickly. If I were you, I would document this by means of an evidence sheet. It will help re-enforce your confidence and belief in the diagnosis.

Secondly, be observant with your day to day thoughts, are their any sabotaging thoughts of fear? or any false narratives from the inner critic that may have their strong hold? Try to recognise these for what they are and not buy into them. Instead try to instil new healthy beliefs and shift your thinking.

Finally, most people who develop TMS are usually very disconnected from life; relationships, nature etc. Try to slowly reconnect with all that gives you pleasure in life, for that is where true healing can be found.

Wishing you the best for this Sunday morning.

douggie likes this.