1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 24 positive changes in my life Question to ponder [RSI]

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by rsiman, Oct 4, 2018.

1. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

Have you noticed any positive changes in your life while going through this program? If so what role did your TMS/PPD treatment play in it. If not, what areas of your life do you need to make changes?

So far, I have basically completely conquered my fear of using my laptop. I don't view it as something that hurts me anymore. I get on it everyday to get on these forums and I type out my journals on here instead of writing them. I beat an entire videogame on here recently and am playing a second one. I can code again (aka have hope for a decent job in the future).

However I still fear playing videogames with my controller (my biggest fear) and playing with keyboard and mouse on the couch. I have tried both, in half an hour with a controller I got this crazy pain in my thumb so I stopped. The pain lasted a couple days but went away really fast relatively though. Keyboard and mouse playing has been a lot better, and in the past few days I have played quite a few hours, and while it was pretty glorious my hands finally feel a bit worn out and achy so I will give them a bit of rest. Still if this keeps improving, that would be pretty sweet.

sarah2254 and cdub like this.
  2. Lz123

Lz123 Peer Supporter

Hey man, nice to see you've made progress. what was your doctors diagnosis other than RSI and how did your symptoms manifest?

3. cdub

cdub Peer Supporter

It's been a while. How's it going?

4. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

Hey I know its been awhile and you might not be here anymore, but I am coming back because I have had a flare up in the past week. I improved a ton, and basically stopped worrying about it. My hands still crackle a lot and pop and stuff but they stopped hurting for the most part. However, last week I was going particularly hard playing videogames as I had recently quit a job, and my hands started hurting a bit, though not at the same level as before. I'll just start the sep program where I left off and I am pretty confident I'll be fine. A lot of crazy things have been happening in my life recently too which may have triggered it.

cdub likes this.
  5. cdub

cdub Peer Supporter

What do you mean by that?

6. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

When I move my hands in certain ways like stretching them in certain ways, they actually make noise so loud you can hear it. It sounds really gross and even worse when you put your ear up to my arm. This makes me think I caused physical change to my hands, but like the stuff we read about tms says, not all physical changes cause pain

7. cdub

cdub Peer Supporter

Hmm sometimes I notice that my finger joints "creak" but I haven't noticed it too much recently.

8. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

My hands are totally fucked up and weird. If I drag my nail across my palm you can hear (and I can feel) weird crackling crunchyness. My actual pain has been very manageable recently though.