1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Please post the best positive affirmations that you used.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by IndiMarshall, Jul 25, 2015.

1. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

Please post the best positive affirmations that you used in your TMS journey.
    I would like to break my conditioning using the positive affirmations and feel confident.

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

From Dr. Sarno's books and this Wiki site:

"Use Affirmations

Many people have reported how helpful affirmations are in recovering.This essentially involves talking to your brain. While it may feel slightly odd to talk to yourself, people have reported that it allows them to gain control over their thoughts and take a more active role in their recovery. To learn more about affirmations and self talk visit the page: Affirmations.

Dr. Sarno has also listed 12 Daily Reminders for people to review throughout their recovery. These can serve as a form of affirmations to be reviewed once a day. They are:

1. The pain is due to TMS, not to structural abnormalities
    2. The direct reason for the pain is mild oxygen deprivation
    3. TMS is a harmless condition, caused by my repressed emotions
    4. The principle emotion is my repressed anger
    5. TMS exists only to distract my attention from the emotions
    6. Since my back is basically normal there is nothing to fear
    7. Therefore physical activity is not dangerous
    8. And I must resume all physical activity
    9. I will not be concerned or intimidated by the pain
    10. I will shift my attention from the pain to emotional issues
    11. I intend to be in control - not my subconscious mind
    12. I must think psychological at all times, not physical. "

kindle123 likes this.
  3. IndiMarshall

Forest likes this.
  4. IndiMarshall

I am looking for affirmations that users here have used on their experience.
    The one that stuck me the most is from the user BALTO, 'I have no fear from this pain, yes sir I don't fear'.

5. Tennis Tom

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for that post, Tom. You are always great with your replies.

Dr. Sarno's 12 Daily Reminders are excellent. I also like Herbie's version of them:

Herbie’s Extended Version of Dr. Sarno’s 12 DAILY REMINDERS

1. The pain is due to TMS. This is real pain or anxiety but its caused by subconscious tensions and triggers, stressors and traits to your reactions and fears and also when at boiling point your conscious tension can and does cause real pain too.
    2. The main reason for the pain is mild oxygen deprivation. This means that when you get in pain or in anxiety then the the blood is restricted from going to your lower back for instance. The blood being restricted causes oxygen deprivation which causes the pain - remember, where theirs no oxygen then there is pain in the body. Also, The pain stays because of fear and focus to physical organic symptoms and repressions.
    3. TMS is a harmless condition caused by my REPRESSED EMOTIONS so even though you think you can harm yourself from the years of pain you have felt and how you feel in general -- so far no reports have been heard from tms healing knowledge causing damage to anyone, it only helps.
    4. The principle emotion is your repressed ANGER -- this means under your consciousness lies something that happens automatically to everyone. Tmsers have repressions that are stored because of our personality traits,traumas, stressors, fears, strain, etc... When these stored repressions build and build then eventually they cause the brain to send pain into your body to keep you from having an emotional crises. The mind-body thinks its helping you.
    5. TMS exists to DISTRACT your attentions from the emotions, stressors, tensions and strains of your personality traits because if you can get distraction then you wont have to be in emotional turmoil. When you don't face and feel your emotions and they get repressed cause you didn't want to deal with something -- they are just adding up in this beaker, ready to pour over and create real pain and anxiety in your body.
    6. Since my body is perfectly normal, there is nothing to fear. So in reality when I fear the pain or anxiety I just cause myself undo strain and tension adding to the beaker of pain. If I fear then I feed the pain, If I fear Its impossible to recondition. Fear keeps the pain and anxiety alive in the body through focus.
    7. Therefore, physical activity is harmless.If I want to work against the pain I could but its better to lose some of the pain so when I start my life over I=t have to be in pain trying to heal cause facing the repressions and all the other activities that cause the pain and reversing my fear and focus to them then I can heal.
    8. I am resuming all normal physical activity. I don't fear moving anymore. I believe in my bodies ability to heal now. I can move how I want. I will not fear moving with a bent back anymore. I will also practice going out and acting normal again, not in fear of what pain might do to me.
    9. The pain is unimportant and powerless. Its only power is how its hidden -- its illusion, Its fear.
    10. I will keep my attention on the emotional issues. I will think about my emotions and feel my emotions throughout the day. I will not judge, criticize or fear my emotions. I will not run from my emotional issues but face everyone of them. I will feel my emotions fully and cry if I need to. Then I will release the emotion and get my mind and thoughts back to my life and living in the present, in flow.
    11. I am in control of all of this. This is how I recover.
    12. I will be thinking PSYCHOLOGICALLY AT ALL TIMES. This means I will keep my thoughts on psychological issues like happiness, fear and anger -- traits and triggers, conditioning and journaling. The science behind mind-body/tms healing, etc.... This way I will not feed my thoughts to the body -- that is a trick of tms. Tms will always try to get me to focus on the body caused by the pain until I break its show and flair. When I get my attention off psychical symptoms and on emotional issues and psychological issues then I will not feed the fear of the physical issues anymore thus making the tms of no effect. This will in return, give us the cure.

Grateful17 and Tru B Leever like this.
  7. clairem

clairem Peer Supporter

i am safe

it is a fact that learned neural pain pathways can be changed and new neural pathways formed

there is no emtion i cant deal with

all thoughts and feelings are acceptable to me

i am breaking a pain and fear habit

i am ok!

Zumbafan and Tennis Tom like this.
  8. Tennis Tom

"The body is strong--it's the mind that's weak."

"The biggest problem with my yoga students is that they know too much."

"There's always time and room to merge."

Texas chainsaw Yoga Tony : From the Sunday morning sermons.

9. Zumbafan

Zumbafan Well known member

Being in the present moment is probably the most important thing we can do. --- Phil Parker

Grateful17 likes this.
  10. Orion2012

Orion2012 Well known member

I'm calm, relaxed, patient and confident.

I take my time, let go, and forgive easily.

(Got these from Ace1 on Tmshelp.com and they seem to be helping me)

11. Kalla

Kalla Newcomer

I have been reading this thread to find a clue for my not being able to not be intimidated by the pain and my anxiety.
    I try this now: Yes I am scared And that is oké because I know I am still safe.

Does that make any sense, would you think.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  12. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

I created this and I can uncreate it.

This is temporary just like my thoughts are temporary.

Just because I think something , doesn't make it true.

There is actually nothing wrong with you.

Whatever I fear, I will handle it.

Tennis Tom likes this.