1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Parts Therapy Parts Therapy/IFS Resource List

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by njoy, Dec 3, 2013.

1. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

-------------------

Looking for more information on how IFS can help TMS?

Books, etc.
    Healing and Growth with IFS, by Dr. Jay Earley - an 18 page introduction to IFS. Available as a free PDF

Self-Therapy: A Step-By-Step Guide to Creating Wholeness and Healing Your Inner Child Using IFS, A New, Cutting-Edge Psychotherapy, by Dr. Jay Earley.
    Available as a paperback or on Kindle at amazon.com

Freedom from Your Inner Critic, by Dr. Jay Earley.

Dr. Earley has written about most aspects of IFS theory and practice - his books and other materials are available at amazon.com, at bookstores and online (see Websites, below).

IFS founder, Dr. Richard Schwartz has also written extensively. Most people find Dr. Earley’s work more accessible, however.

Forums
    The Parts Therapy / IFS subforum at:

www.tmswiki.org/forum/forums/parts-therapy-and-ifs-internal-family-systems.34/ - meet, learn, share.

There is also lots of parts talk at tmshelp.com and tmswiki.org

Live Events
    Saturday - IFS Call In (phone/Skype) – 1:30 p.m. ET / 18:30 GMT
    From the US and Canada, dial (201) 479-4595, then enter meeting number 18311499, followed by the # key.
    From the UK, dial 2081969800 and enter the same meeting number 18311499, followed by the # key.
    Other nations: your connection numbers are here.

Talk about parts often comes up on the TMS Tuesday Discussion and the Saturday chat. Get more info: tmswiki.org

Mailing List
    The Tension Myositis Syndrome Wiki recently launched a new Parts Therapy / IFS (Internal Family Systems) Mailing List. Go here: http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/mailing-list-for-parts-therapy-tms.2868/ for more information. The sign up form is below Forest’s opening post. It's just as easy to unsubscribe if you decide it isn't for you.

Video
    Internal Family Systems founder Dr. Richard Schwartz discusses how he discovered IFS: http://tube.majestyc.net/?v=E88q5z7WvSo
    Lovely video!

Here’s a more comprehensive introductory video about IFS:

Plenty more on youtube.com, too. Search: Internal Family Systems.

Websites
    Dr. Richard Schwartz: www.selfleadership.org
    Dr. Jay Earley's sites:
    personal-growth-programs.com
    www.personalgrowthconnect.com - peer support; find an IFS buddy; and more
    www.psychemaps.com - the Inner Critic questionnaire lives here.

Many individual IFS practitioners have their own sites, as well.

Therapists, Practitioners and Coaches
    These therapists are on the Parts Therapy / IFS Mailing List:

Liz Dyde at www.lizdyde.com; Liz is a psychotherapist, coach and EFT practitioner in Stratford-upon-Avon, UK, who conducts sessions on Skype. She is interested in IFS and uses it in her practice.

Mark Hurwich at www.ConcentratedCoaching.NET office: 267-629-2189 and cell: 917-826-7776; Mark is an IFS practitioner/coach in Pennsylvania who also works via Skype.

Jay Earley and Bonnie Weiss offer personal and group therapy (including distance options).

Visit the official IFS practitioner directory for a full list of people trained in the IFS approach. They may not know much about TMS but we can teach them as they teach us the principles of working with parts!

IMPORTANT: many people can learn to help themselves with IFS through books and videos. Some will benefit from working with a therapist but are not necessarily tied down to expensive therapy sessions for a long period of time.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

The video is long but I watched a little at it is very interesting.
    I'll get back to it soon as I can.

3. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

It sure is a long video but worthwhile. I'd love to hear your take on it, Walt, when you are done. I'll have to listen to it again, myself.