1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 14 Pain moves around

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by OtterMan, Nov 19, 2012.

1. OtterMan

OtterMan Peer Supporter

I get so down on myself lately. I am thinking psychologically and I had a very sad, tear filled last week. And now it seems I am tense again and then the negative thoughts come back. I keep thinking why hasn't the pain gone away, which means I still have to do work and shirt to thinking emotionally. I feel defeated and alone in all of this. Do things get better?

2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

It is a process that can take a while, even though it will get better if you keep working on TMS. You're definitely not alone--we are all here with you! But I know that feeling, pain can create the feeling of isolation.

3. Stella

Stella Well known member

I have been on that roller coaster too. Pain is very discouraging. I continue to feel slight relief in pain then some comes back then slight relief again then some comes back. It is tied in with my thoughts. But now I am more aware then ever before. You are too. We been practicing the old thought patterns for years and years. Changing to the new takes time and a lot of work. We can do it.