1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Pain is spreading...advice?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by RGNY, Jan 29, 2020.

1. RGNY

RGNY Newcomer

Hi,
    I have dealt with TMS in my back, knee, and heel. Almost a week ago, i started experiencing pain ins my heel again. I am convinced that this is also TMS and have been following the steps recommended by Dr Sarno but the pain is getting worse and is now spreading to the bottom of my foot. Has anyone had similar experiences and/or suggestions? The pain is extremely difficult to function with!
    Thanks

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

It could be what Sarno calls extinction burst. Recovery is often non-linear. You sometimes will experience setbacks. Symptoms moving around is another sign of TMS, so I suggest to give it a few days before deciding.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

@RGNY, I find myself wanting more information about your TMS journey before responding. The most efficient way to do this is to write a profile story. Don't go into too many physical details but do tell us how long you suffered before discovering Dr Sarno, and whether your symptoms were medically checked out. Tell us what you've read and done to recover in the past, and how long it's been since then - and include a brief synopsis of your personality type and background which fit the TMS diagnosis.

Knowing nothing else, I'm pretty much limited to reminding all new members that new and worrying symptoms need to be checked out by a medical professional before assuming they are TMS.

whitewatersmetta likes this.
  4. RGNY

RGNY Newcomer

Thanks for your reply- i appreciate the advice. I had been thinking the same thing but was wondering if others had experienced this as well.

5. RGNY

RGNY Newcomer

Thanks- I just filled out my profile story. Any additional thoughts are appreciated