1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Pain Free for 4 Years!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by tmsandrew, Feb 7, 2014.

1. tmsandrew

tmsandrew Peer Supporter

I was just browsing the forum for the first time in ages - and saw Brian's success story update, who I remember visiting the forum and asking about Sarno over 3 years ago, and thought that I should take a bit of time to post my own update......

My own story is still here

basically RSI had got to the point that I was on the verge of having to quit my job - it was very severe and debilitating. Sarno, Georgie Oldfield and the TMS community basically help to change my life - within a month I was 90% pain free, and now I am 100% pain free and able to type and write for as long as I want. (Curiously if I start to think about TMS like now then I get the tingling back a little - which shows just how tied to the mind the condition still is for me. This is why it's best for me not to be too involved in the online TMS community anymore - as it's best for me to just forget I ever had RSI, because as soon as I start thinking about it, then it opens the door for it to reappear!

A massive thanks to Forest and the TMS team for continuing with their amazing work. (Forest, send me an email if you want me to look at updating the ris-backpain site - I tried a while back to shift it to a wordpress, but it disabled the wordpress account for "copying" content already online....)

All the best and good luck everyone :)

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Awesome tmsandrew -- I'm so glad you got better. Although you shouldn't be scared of writing words on a forum but you did mention conditioning and if you still have that then your doing the right thing. I wish you well in all you do cause your the winner, you beat the un-beatable. We're all trained from birth in the western civilization that if our body hurts then it must be physical but it aint so and we have to recondition our thoughts to these memes. I would give a word of advice though and say to try and expose yourself to writing in forums a little at a time so you can bring on the defeat of that fear of tms.

Welcome back all 100% of your self, it doesn't matter what I say though cause this is your victory and you did it your way -- awwwwsome.:)

Thanks

Bless You

3. tmsandrew

tmsandrew Peer Supporter

Thanks for your reply and kind words - I will try and become more involved in the TMS community again! It's interesting that you mention fear - because I think that that was the biggest hurdles to overcome when getting better from RSI - I had become so conditioned to expect pain whenever I was doing certain activities (and this list of activities which I expected to cause pain grew ever larger as time went on...), that there was a tremendous fear of causing that pain. Once I knew that the pain was not a symptom of "damage", but a symptom of TMS then it lost its fear - and then the pain stopped. I guess there's always a small part of your brain that maintains a sliver of that fear - that "what if it starts again...." - but as the years have passed even that sliver is now much diminished. I'm very lucky to have found the methods of Sarno - goodness knows where I would be now otherwise :)

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.