1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

overtrained or burned out mentally?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Jun 5, 2019.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

hiya! so for some time now i have been sleeping 6-7 hours a night, but the thing is, when i actually can sleep more, my body just wakes up naturally and i feel tired most of the time. im also a light sleeper and wake up to urinate 1-2 times. i took a break from the gym (like a month or so) to see if it improves, but nothing. i came back to the gym because “well nothing improved and i want to be active” and well yeah i sometimes just feel too tired to workout and the majority of the time i feel worst after the gym.

the thing is, i used to weight lift 3 days + 1 day of cardio per week, but it got reduced to the point that i took a break (terrible sleep, depressed, ocd, anxiety, stressed, lost motivation, strength and a few other more symptoms) came back and felt more weaker and sleep even declined more.

i still lift 3 days and sometimes if i want and can 1 day of cardio.

i wonder if taking a longer break might resolve things?

did you guys or do you guys had or have constant fatigued, burnout from ocd, anxiety, etc that you can’t even workout?

is it overtraining or just burnout from my depression, ocd and anxiety?

freedomseeker likes this.
  2. Hormiga

Hormiga New Member

this describes my situation of about eight years. i have exactly the same symptoms and situation as you. i can't find an answer.

freedomseeker likes this.
  3. freedomseeker

freedomseeker Peer Supporter

same exact situation as well. It is definitely TMS, meaning your repressed emotions are exhausting you. I am the same way. It is not easy, but doing the emotional work will help you. Anxiety, depression, ocd, etc are all related to not dealing with repressed anger, guilt, shame, fear, sadness. As Steve O says, its like trying to constantly hold a beach ball under water. It's exhausting. The beach ball is a metaphor for your emotions.

Balsa11 likes this.