1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Numbness in feet caused by TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by TennisSwing, Dec 26, 2021.

Tags:
  1. TennisSwing

TennisSwing Newcomer

Hello! I am pretty new to TMS. I have had lower back pain for about 2.5 months. I’ve seen GPS, chiros, an orthopedist (even had a nice trip to the ER, that was fun) and no one seems to find anything. I had an MRI that the orthopedist said was “perfect” and there was nothing to even improve upon. At first when I was getting back pain I had some numbness and tingling in my right foot, but it then switched to my left and has stayed with me this whole time. No weakness or anything. Has anyone had TMS showing up at foot tingling and numbness and recovered from it?

2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes it's quite common. The brain can create any sensation and if disease pathologies or structural issues have been ruled out, then it points to brain based pain (tms).

3. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

oh yes~ i have had tingling and numbness in feet and arms that comes and goes and often presents as muscle weakness. it used to be only at night and then it became a day time issue but after doing some
    serious inner work, it’s largely subsided. but i’d say the tingling and weakness has been the most difficult TMS symptoms to relieve on my long journey.

4. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I am still working on the same issues myself …