1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Not Yet Fixed, But ...

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by NIClubber, Aug 9, 2019.

1. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

I believe I have discovered the root cause of my TMS, although as the title of the post states, I have still to go through therapy to discuss it.

I have recalled memories from decades ago being told that 'girls only date clever boys'. I believe it was meant to motive me to concentrate on my school work (I was probably somewhere between six and ten years old at the time). I had problems with concentration in school and wasn't too keen on doing homework. My grades were good enough, although I did have problems with speech and writing and sometimes understand what I was being told.

I have since discovered that I may be autistic, but up until a couple of years ago, I didn't know this about myself.

All the times I was 'bullied' I was being told what to do .... This I think now was a 'double whammy'. Not only was I being bullied, but I was also being told what to do with myself. This, I think, has made me think that I will never be clever enough to be in a relationship with anyone I ever want to be involved with in my life.

I think this is what has made me more and more angry over the years.