1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Night Sweats - rapid recovery

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jackmat, Jun 16, 2021.

1. jackmat

jackmat New Member

Like many TMS’ers, I’ve had shifting symptoms, but as with my post on “fragmented sleep” I recovered from Night Sweats with possibly a non-TMS technique.

The Night Sweats were so bad, that my pyjamas, pillow and bed sheets were drenched as if somebody had tipped a full bucket of water on to the bed. I did the obligatory research and found that a huge number of factors and diseases could cause it. As the sweating was occurring above my waist, I bought into the possibility that my spine was a factor.

I figured that my poor posture had stiffened the area between my shoulder blades and that the otherwise smooth flow of electrical signals between the spine and brain had been compromised. This was my BS theory and I’m sticking to it

I did this exercise before going to bed.

1. Shoulder shrugs.
    2. Simulated swimming.
    3. Raise left hand to sky and point right hand to ground and arc backwards. Then alternate.

My objective was to loosen up the area between my shoulder blades and do these exercises for two minutes. There was an immediate 50% improvement on the first morning, so I repeated the same exercise the following night.

I woke up on the second morning completely dry and that was the end of the night sweats.

Mars497@ likes this.
  2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Wow, that’s awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Mars497@ likes this.