1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New to this forum. Someone healed blepharitis with the TMS work?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Nana91, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Nana91

Nana91 Newcomer

Hello. I have suffered from blepharitis for several months now. Can blepharitis be TMS?
    THANKS

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello @Nana91 and welcome.

Blepharitis, geez - it seems to be the latest stress-based symptom to become "popular" - only in the sense, as Dr Sarno described, that back pain became the big thing at some point in the 80s, whereas previously it had been ulcers in the 70s (I dated a guy in college who drank buttermilk for his ulcer like everyone else was drinking beer - and guess what - he was what we termed back then "a nervous wreck".)

But I digress. From what we know, blepharitis is an inflammatory condition of the eye lids. My mother had it starting at age 90 - along with exhibiting severe anxiety about aging and mortality. Connection, maybe? And, you know, at 90, lots of things don't work as well as they used to, so we'll give her that - but I will always give TMS its due as well.

But I'm digressing again. The connection between stress and inflammation is well known.

Here's an excellent forum thread about blepharitis - be sure to read all the posts on both pages.
    https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/anybody-else-have-dry-eyes.20179/#post-106145 (Anybody else have dry eyes?)

3. Nana91

Nana91 Newcomer

Hi. Thank you :)

Thank you for your valuable response. I browsed the forum, I saw some posts on blepharitis and eye problems but very few testimonies of healing compared to symptoms such as chronic pain.
    That's why I asked the question if eye problems can really be TMS

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I think my response was obscure, sorry.

Yes, eye problems can be TMS, which is the answer provided by several experienced people in that thread.

It's important that you understand what TMS is, because you have not told us where you are with that knowledge.

TMS is connected to the brain's fear response.

The fear response triggers a protective physical inflammatory response in our bodies.

The fear response was intended to be short-term, to deal with immediate physical dangers in the primitive world.

Unfortunately the fear response is also triggered by long-term stress, which is how we are all living in the modern world. Constant long-term stress causes constant inflammation, and blepharitis is an inflammatory condition.

When the medical professionals don't know what causes something, and can offer no effective treatment, you might as well treat it as TMS and start working on your emotions, fears, and stress level, because what have you got to lose?

Booble likes this.
  5. DraconicSpirit

DraconicSpirit Newcomer

Ooh, I had this as a teenager. I was very stressed from teenage things. It just went away when I went to Uni and started enjoying life a bit more. I think I was probably picking at my eyes from stress.