1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

New TMS Book in the Making

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by KevinMartilloViner, Feb 24, 2019.

1. KevinMartilloViner

KevinMartilloViner Peer Supporter

Hello community:

Here's a short expert from my first TMS book that I'm presently writing (if you like, please follow my new TMS Coach FB group page where I'll be adding other posts, videos, and thoughts on TMS recovery - https://www.facebook.com/thetmscoach (The TMS Coach)) :

YOU ARE THE SEA

Many wise people have used the sea as an analogy for the true self (soul, spirit, essence, consciousness, etc. – same meaning, different words). It goes something like this: our true self is the vastness of the sea, whereas our bodies and what we call ‘our life’ are nothing more than temporary waves on the surface of the sea. This analogy can become a powerful worldview if we are able to fully integrate it because it frees us from so much unnecessary worry, drama, stress, and anxiety. With this perspective, life just doesn’t seem so darn serious anymore. This doesn’t mean that we give up, in fact, like much of this type of introspective work, it actually opens up an entirely new dimension for us, one in which we still function in the day-to-day stuff, but with much more joy and ease because we know it’s all just a wave. I’ll add to this analogy that sometimes waves collect debris and/or even garbage. I think I remember reading once that there’s an island of plastic the size of Texas floating out in the sea…wowza! And that makes sense because once debris is caught, it becomes easier for more to get trapped, piling up and up. In order to free itself, then, a wave must grow strong enough to disrupt and dislodge the built-up debris. If left unchecked, the accumulation can grow and grow until there’s a plastic island. I’ve come to view TMS and other obstacles in a similar fashion, i.e., like debris caught in the wave of life. TMS comes to us like a piece of floating garbage, gets trapped in our wave current, then accumulates more and more debris and garbage (fear, anxiety, negativity, etc.) until we grow strong enough to free ourselves, i.e., awaken. We must of course admit and accept that there’s even debris there in the first place before we can grow. But once we truly see and accept it, and have suffered enough, we’re ready to let it go. So perhaps the next time life presents you with a difficult situation, TMS or otherwise, remember that you are the sea and the situation is just debris (unintentional rhyme).

BloodMoon likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Well, Kevin - I feel like I missed something, back in November I think, because it took me awhile to connect your new identity with the former @KevinB, "Well Known Member" LOL.

Congratulations on your transition to TMS coach! Your story is definitely a good one!

~Jan

KevinMartilloViner likes this.