1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

new study

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mbo, Aug 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. mbo

mbo Well known member

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I can read tax law but I couldn't comprehend this o_O. I skimmed the introduction and scrolled down to the Conclusions section, but I couldn't even understand that. What I DID get out of the introduction is the heartening sense that the whole premise of the study is based on what seems to be an acceptance that chronic pain results more from psychological, emotional, and, interestingly, socioeconomic factors, than on any actual pathology. The first sentence of the Abstract states "Psychological and personality factors, socioeconomic status, and brain properties all contribute to chronic pain but have essentially been studied independently." So I think the purpose of this study was to find a way to bring those factors together? I'll be damned if I know - but it was worthwhile to see the shift in focus!