1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Needing Help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by flyer95, Sep 28, 2019.

1. flyer95

flyer95 Newcomer

Hello all!

I am very new to this whole TMS concept. I have listened to two of Dr. Sarno's books and can see a lot of myself it seems in many of his stories. I feel like I finally have direction.

For me, it all started about a year and a half ago. I started to get some really bad bloating. I was constantly burping, afraid of any type of food, and ultimately started to become depressed. After a couple of months, I started to see doctor after doctor. I've had almost every scan/diagnostic testing done known to the medical community with still no real answers. Fast forward nine months and all of a sudden things just get.....weird.

I started to develop mid back pain. The pain would come and go. However, looking back it seemed to be its worst when my bloating was not giving me any issues. This lead to my over-reactive self starts to research symptoms online. First thing I read online with back pain and bloating was pancreatic cancer. It should be noted that I am a 25-year-old male. Pancreatic cancer in a 25-year-old is almost unheard of. But that didn't matter. I went to my doctor and demanded a CT scan. Everything came back clean.

Roughly six months ago is weird my most scary symptoms started. One day I noticed that my toes and fingers seemed to be tingly. Of course, after my back pain incident, I researched online. The first thing that comes up is MS. I immediately start thinking that I have MS. Slowly but surely I started to develop some bladder/pelvic pain symptoms, my arm would randomly get cold, and now certain parts of my body are very sensitive to seams of clothes. I have what I believe is allodynia. If I become overstimulated by quick-moving clothes or rubbing my face will start feeling numb and get irritated by my glasses. I also will have some really bad leg pain. It starts in the lower back and goes all the way down my legs into both calves. It usually will hit first thing in the morning and then, most time is gone by the afternoon-evening.....

My digestive issues are almost all gone. I will have an occasional day where I feel bloated but nowhere near the levels of a year ago. I am now left with weird neurological issues. I have been to two neuros who believe its "all in my head." I expressed my concern about MS and they quickly dismissed this. Their reasoning is that when MS hits its usually very obvious with profound weakness, vision loss, numbness of an entire limb, and loss of bowel and bladder control.

Could all of this be TMS? I still haven't had an MRI of my brain to rule out MS. I know that the odds of this are very low, one with me being male, but two, my symptoms seem very sporadic and all over the place. I just recently downloaded the Curable app and hope that helps.

Thoughts and help are greatly welcomed! Thank you.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes! Considering that you have been more fully checked out than most 25-year-olds, and they have found nothing, gives me reasonable confidence to say that it's a lot more than "could be". Nothing else makes sense - it has to be TMS.
    Lots of people take this step, and report back here that nothing was found.

Are you ready to give this up and make a commitment to the TMS diagnosis? Because that's what it takes to find recovery. Based on your history, I can't see any reason not to commit fully. The medical professionals haven't found any reason to think that you are in any danger of succumbing to any known condition, so what have you got to lose?

But when we say fully - we mean 100%. It's normal to have doubts as you begin, but you have to take back control from your fearful primitive brain, and banish those doubts if you want to actually find healing.

At this point you have nothing to lose - and your whole life ahead of you.

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle