1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Need some Support Today

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Pingman, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Pingman

Pingman Well known member

You all ahve been great to me.....I want to thank each of you for your support. It all makes so much sense and I do know what I am facing. My mind is simply playing tricks on me. I was able to use all of this great advice to quickly overcome my sciatica back in October. At the time I was sure I would have the pain, tingling, shocking feeling, sore feet forever. With all of this same advice I was able to cure it within 2 weeks and haven't seen it return since.

I ahve faced the fact that I structurely have no issues with my eyes and head aside from the tension I am creating from FEAR. There is just something about the TMS being in my eyes that has been so much harder to overcome. I am able to constantly check unless I am engrossed in some project at work or activity at home. Even the slightest perception of my vision being off or bright sun light will introduce the adrenaline FEAR feeling.

I beat this up until last week and I am going to do it again. I am going to stop all of the negative thiking. I have been telling my wife why me, will I ever get better, you sure there is nothing wrong with me. I am allowing the monster to return with my fear talk. I am telling my subconscious to prepare for a fight, something is not right with my eyes.

I need to use my positive affirmations when I start to symptom check and I need to combine them with the losing my fear and then floating. I need to really start not caring how my eyes feel becuase its been going on now for 3 months and they never get any worse. ONly better...so I should just float and relax when they start to hurt becuase really its not the eyes....its the fear that sets in which causes me to tense up and my temples and that tension band headache to start. Even then...its just an annoyance.

I love you guys.....thanks again. Gonna work on letting go of the fear and realizing I wear contacts...my eyes sight doesn't ahev to and is NOT perfect.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

Hey Pingman, you've got it ! dancea

I'm so pleased you're seeing this eye fear thing for what it actually is, just TMS trying to keep control of you. I'm not totally pain free quite yet, but I'm FEAR FREE so I already consider myself healed. The last echos of pain will just fade away on their own now that they are redundant. Positiv e affirmation have worked miracles for me too, so you're on the right track.

You sound so much happier. I'm happy you're happy :joyful:

3. Pingman

Pingman Well known member

Hey Mermaid - I am much happier. I actually found a article on the web yesterday that talked about the most common reason for temple soreness was related to restricted blood flow to the head, typically from the neck and shoulders muscles being too tight. I can relate, the left side of my neck and shoulders is all knotted up.

I can feel the tension come on now and when it does, that is when my perceived issues with light get worse. It is sunny here today so it is a perfect day for me to work on my affirmations and to face my fear and start to float. I feel some temple pain and I know its due to the FEAR of the sunlight so gonna work on it.

TMS is so crazy. It makes me FEAR light but I can look directly at a lamp inside the house which is terribly bright or car lights at night with no issues. When it sees sun light though it makes me feel FEAR when I know that if I was light sensitive that indoor lights might be even harder on my eyes. I think it all comes back to my initial FEAR of not being able to enjoy the outdoors activities. My TMS initially had me questioning indoor lights, TV sets etc.... but now its only sunlight.

I think I am winning this battle.

4. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

You certainly are winning, just one tiny thing - what were you doing symptom checking on the web ;)

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Ellen like this.
  5. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

BUSTED