1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Need good books to read for personal development and anxiety

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Jun 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

currently dealing with stress, anxiety, ocd and depression. I'm really interested in books about anxiety and how to develop myself further. I want to continue living life at it's fullest and i want to develop good reading habits while also learning more how to meditate, live in the present and stop overthinking stuff.

already read "Healing Back Pain" by John E. Sarno and "The Great Pain Deception" by Steven Ray Ozanich.

thanks!

2. sam908

sam908 Peer Supporter

"The Golden Sayings of Epictetus"
    "The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius"
    "How to Control Your Anxiety," by Albert Ellis, PhD
    "Hope and Help for Your Nerves," by Dr. Claire Weeks
    "Peace of Body, Peace of Mind," by Rose Van Sickle

stevow7 likes this.
  3. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

thanks a bunch!

4. limitless

limitless Newcomer

In my opinion reading is good but be careful not to over do it.

The more energy you put into the thought that 'I have a pain/anxiety problem, the more you create this thought.'

I think once you realized that there is a problem it needs action. Control your thoughts vs. reading more and more.

I can give you one piece of advice that will help:

"You always can choose what you want to think or do. Even in bad situations there are choices. What would your best version of you do/choose?"

All the best.

Tennis Tom likes this.