1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Narcissism Seminar online, parts free

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Andy Bayliss, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to post this, knowing many people I work with and have met here suffer from childhood relations with narcissistic type parent figures. In truth, our inner experience of not being seen is universal, not just for TMSers!

A deeper part of Almaas (0ne of the contributors) work apparently offered in this series is "resolving our own narcissism" by seeing ourselves more clearly ---think self-compassion, and increasing the capacity to be with ourselves (in ways our parents were not able to). Everyone suffers to some degree by not being in contact with self.

Also, Kristen Neff will contribute, and she is a fantastic self-compassion teacher.

Sounds True usually offers a certain time limit for free access, hoping you will buy access to the whole series. Not sure on the details.

Andy

https://content.soundstrue.com/understanding-narcissism-summit-registration?mc_cid=19611d21fc&mc_eid=eb0a20dbba#a_aid=5d65b059cbc5f&a_bid=90bb5d3b (Sounds True Presents: The Understanding Narcissism Summit - Free Access)

birdsetfree likes this.
  2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow... that was awesome. Thanks Andy.

Anybody looking for a way to get unstuck with repressed family of origin issues might benefit from listening to these.

I learned a whole lot this morning!

peace