1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 My TMS Treatment

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Aimee88, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Aimee88

Aimee88 Well known member

My TMS treatment so far has been reading books and applying the ideas as best I can. The only help I'm receiving from people is here, in this forum (and that is fine and much appreciated). My dear osteopath actually pointed me to Dr Sarno 3-4 weeks ago, and it was with hope and some sadness that I said goodbye to her this past Monday. She understood and was so pleased that she helped me find a new perspective on this pain. I was really to the point that I had accepted I would have some sort of pain and need some sort of ongoing treatment, so it has been a big adjustment to let go of that. And I have been doing physical things with less fear and more enthusiasm. Mostly it's walking and yoga and gardening. I've booked myself (in my own diary, haha) a walk in the forest for Sunday or Monday morning. I'm really looking forward to that. It will be by myself, at whatever pace and length feels good in the moment. I'm journaling. I have been journaling in some form for many years now, and I'm in spiritual study that encourages self-inquiry and self-honesty, so I think this just adds a bit of a practical element to that. I'm sure it all is the right thing at the right time for me.

I especially appreciate all the success stories here, and the encouragement to read them every day. I look forward to writing my own.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Nice, @Aimee88, thank you for posting this.

What an awesome doctor!

Aimee88 likes this.
  3. Aimee88

Aimee88 Well known member

Yes, I have enjoyed the time with her for the sharing and conversation as much as her hands on care for me. She said she admired me to for continuing to grow and explore myself and for taking this on. She says she doesn't mention the Dr. Sarno book very often, because when she has before she hasn't had a great response from other clients. I told her that I've been reading many books and promised to send her a list of some that might not be so "heavy" to start with.

I was able to see and feel the emotions of that time with her on Monday, the appreciation for all that she has done, and the sadness of our time together ending, even though it is for very good reasons! Just now, in my journaling between writing this post, and coming back now, I did the exercise of writing a letter to someone and I was exploring this range of emotions and reactions (that seem to conflict, or are not consistent) I can have within one relationship and that has always been a source of upset for me, I found myself writing that I "couldn't reconcile" the different emotions. I think I'm starting to open to seeing that, and people, and the emotions within a relationship, differently.

Thank you.

JanAtheCPA likes this.