1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My recovery from Chronic (and debilitating) Pelvic Pain/PN

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Vouthon, Oct 3, 2018.

1. SarahR

SarahR New Member

Hi Vouthon, thank you for your message. Is it ok if i send you a private message with some questions? Thank you so much!

2. Vouthon

Vouthon Peer Supporter

Of course!

I may be unable to answer tonight due to my work schedule but I will get back to you sometime tomorrow.

3. SarahR

SarahR New Member

I send you a private message. Did you get it? Thank you!

4. Vouthon

Vouthon Peer Supporter

Hi Sarah, I did indeed - apologies for the delay! I've had a backlog of work to attend to but will get back to you asap.

5. JackG

JackG New Member

Do you recommend any readings from Lorimer Moseley other than Explain Pain (already read it a few months ago)? Love reading about research into non-structural pain, helps me with my own recovery.

6. Syl

Syl Peer Supporter

Vouthon, I started to do the same (still suffering 9 years and counting), but you're sooooooooooooooooooooo right! We get caught up in the physical side of things. I also question what did I do to trigger off this latest flare up, etc, etc. I'm in a huge flare up right now (and all my symptoms started to change in April 2018), and like Lorimer Moseley says, nerves cross talk and wire up with other nerves, and so on and so forth.... But the fear in me questions everything!

Back in March 2016, for one blessed and magical week, my symptoms shut off. It was like someone flicked a switch, and I was back to my normal self. The moment I became happy and thought "Great! It's finally gone!" I went into a series of major flare ups :(

I'm older than you, hence I've had the career and the travel and the lifestyle I wanted, but all this came to an end in 2009 with PN (although since my late 20s I developed bladder problems, which I learned to live with because no one could find out what was wrong with me at the time).

Needless to say, I'm now trying to cope with the new symptoms (or I should say a variation of my old symptoms) of PN; and when one doesn't know what to expect the stress levels go skyhigh! At least I became used to my old flare ups--I guess when I lost my fear of them, back in 2016, my brain decided to change the variation of it. So the fear is back, my life quality is non-existent, and I'm now searching for an answer. I'm also working with the Dr Sarno books (and awaiting a DVD I purchased online since Australia is still in the dark ages and we don't have TMS doctors over here. It's a shame Lorimer doesn't see patients. Anyway, I'm trying my best to do what you did, but I'm so broken and worn out, and dealing with so many issues, that it's so difficult to do. Unfortunately, I don't have family support or friend support (only one brother with a young family who has his own issues); parents passed away, and so I'm on my own with my kitty. She's the only companion I have these days aside from the odd acquaintance.

I hope to overcome this one day. I chose early on not to go down the road of doctors and surgery when I saw that they didn't know what they were doing and none of them could agree on anything. I stuck to my chiropractor, who has been very supportive, and who still helps me with the emotional side of things via kinesiology. At least I'm releasing some emotions this way.

Wish me luck! And a huge congrats to you, of course! I hope you keep well, and don't let that brain fool you anymore :)

LouLou and Vouthon like this.
  7. LouLou

LouLou New Member

This is a story. You’re so brave to push past the pain and not react emotionally to it.

Can I ask, did you have an MRI to determine your PN?

8. Vladan

Vladan Peer Supporter

Hey Vouthon,is there any way i can message/contact you i would really like to talk to you,i am in the almsot same boat as you are,would appreciate it if it is possible to talk to you.

9. Vouthon

Vouthon Peer Supporter

Hey,

I've not been on the forum for many months due to work purposes (a busy career in law).

After logging in today, however, I noticed that I've received messages from folk whom I've never caught up with - stretching back to 2019 and even 2018. I just wanted to say that whilst I cannot get involved in extended chats at the moment, I would be happy to do so in about three weeks with anyone that would like to discuss my recovery and how it worked in my case.

An update on my health:

I have been 100% pain free for many, many, many months. 2020 has so far been an utterly pain free year for me. No mini relapses or flare-ups.

What's more, I progressed early this year - during lockdown - to doing something I'd have thought impossible two and a half years ago: weightlifting. A year and more after recovering, I still couldn't muster the daring to actual lift heavy weights.

Even though the pain had long since gone, a fear still lingered somewhere in my psyche even though I knew that there was no structural cause behind the chronic pain I'd experienced. But with free time to spare during the lockdown, I just went for it - and have experienced not one flare-up after months of my fitness routine.

During my years of chronic CPPS/PN, I couldn't even sit down, walk to the park etc. without terrible sharp pain in my rectum & burning urethra etc. Now, I do intense running and weight training without any pain on an almost daily basis.

As a result, I no longer have need to use the psychological techniques that got me through it anymore, as I have such few flare-ups.

But the basic reason I'm writing here is just to let everyone know, firstly, that I remain pain-free and wholly recovered and secondly that when time allows I will get back to every single person who has messaged me.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    Idearealist, ARP and miffybunny like this.
  10. balancedanswers

balancedanswers Peer Supporter

Thanks. Did you do any internal work (myofascial release), trigger point release during the pain period?

11. hollywood

hollywood New Member

Vouthon:

You story is truly inspiring as I am currently experiencing what you did. I am glad to hear that you healed and that I will heal in my own time too.

12. lunnarin

lunnarin Newcomer

Thank you so much for this post. it gave me such extreme hope. thank you for taking the time to write your story.

13. Vouthon

Vouthon Peer Supporter

*Bump*

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop back in again to say that I will catch up with all messages sent to me by PM when able.

Since my last update here in July 2020, just over a year ago, I have again not experienced even one flare-up of pain - major or minor - and for all these months have continued to lift heavy weights and doing resistance training at least three, sometimes four, days a week. In between, I also do intense running and interval training, again no problem. Entirely pain free, very active.

I have been out of the woods for a very long time now.

This can be done people, I'm living proof. Never lose hope.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    Lizzy, Youness, NameK and 1 other person like this.
  14. jox07

jox07 New Member

[moderator edit: text deleted and reposted to Support subforum as a new thread]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2023
  15. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello @jox07. You might not get any responses because you added this to an old thread started four years ago, and because it's in our Success Stories subforum, and because the title of the thread is about someone who recovered. I review all recent posts, but many folks only look at titles to decide what to read, or they only look at posts in certain subforums to focus on topics.

You are looking for help and support, so I suggest that you find the Support subforum, start a new thread with a title that is personal to your situation and your request for help, and then copy your post there. Then you should delete this one so there is no duplicate confusion (or I can delete it if you ask me to).

Sorry I can only respond in English - I haven't studied French for fifty years and it's mostly gone :rolleyes:

Good luck,

~Jan

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
  16. jox07

jox07 New Member

Oh I'm sorry, thank you so much for answer my question .. I'm going to post this in the right place!

Don't worry your French is probably good as my English hahs

Thanks!!!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  17. saulgoodman

saulgoodman Newcomer

your story is really inspiring. Could you provide more details on the techniques you used to overcame the fear of pain? I’m really struggling with it. Once the pain start I build anxiety and fear and it seems I can’t exit this negative loop.

thanks