1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My pain i constantly shifting places

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Wheelchair, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Wheelchair

Wheelchair New Member

My pain was in the mid back when i started the program 3 days back, it then went to upper back yesterday, Mid back i had pain but not so significant, like i was able to sit for 20-30 minutes without back support while before starting the program it wasn't even possible to sit for 5 mins. Now today it has moved too my neck, i've a cold burning sensation around my neck, i've to bend my neck forward so i don't feel significant distraction. Is this a sign of my brain desperate attempt to stop me from my repressed emotions. Am i too close to my repressed emotions, Not able to remember the entire instances. I'm just reminding my concious mind i'm not afraid to the pain, i won't get distracted, this is just tms. What else should i do and also i'm pretty much digging through my history to find exactly what emotions am i repressing and i feel like its mostly anger and shame(fear). How do i get them out, often time lipsing the word 'WHY' repeatedly makes me angry and i feel that i working for me to release repressed emotions. I also look at mirror to myself to talk to my mind that everything is fine, it's okay to fear, it's okay to be afraid. What else should i do??

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, this is what Dr. Sarno called the Symptom Imperative. It's proof of TMS.
    Have patience, do one program at a time, and don't rush through it! You will get there IF you are willing to slow down and let the lessons sink in. For you, I definitely recommend the SEP, and to do only one day at a time.

Desperation and rushing things will NOT lead to recovery.

nowa and TG957 like this.