1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

MINDFULNESS MEDITATION

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Jan 16, 2014.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Someone just posted asking about mindfulness and mindfulness meditation. What they meant and how to do them. In a new book on TMS healing that Herbie and I are writing, we include mindfulness as a an important concept to help in healing pain is to study the concepts of awareness such as mindfulness.

By being mindful, you cannot suppress your anger or deny it. By taking care of your anger you transform it from negative to positive energy. Taking care of it means to not fight it, but rather, understand why it exists. Then use the energy of anger to transform it into something positive or useful

An example of mindfulness would be to first get off by yourself. Then concentrate only on your breathing while letting go of any outside thoughts.

Awareness is the ability to be able to perceive the right from wrong thoughts, and choosing on purpose to have the good thought.

The act of catching the bad thought in mid-thought is a great part of Mindfulness, which is a form of Awareness. It’s taking control of our stressors, thus eliminating the negative vibrations caused from adrenaline and toxin overload into our systems through worry, hurt, pain, weakness, etc. Awareness is in control of State.

State is another TMS weapon -- The act of being in control of your thinking, whether it’s for the good or bad. Acting professionally in our lives is a state.

Also, Releasing -- Letting go of hurtful thoughts, abandonment, insecurities, anger and such. We think this doesn’t happen, but it does.

Mindfulness is the new power of the mind technique, and it’s about taking a negative memory -- think about it as hard as you ever have -- look at it for what it is. Then imagine the best time in your life and see what you saw and hear what you heard and feel what you felt. Then say “I release,” and let go. Grab your right wrist, say “Peace,” and blow out a deep breath as in Robert Smith’s faster EFT (Emotional Freedom Therapy), a form of tapping to relieve our pain. Walt talks more about tapping in one of his chapters.

Now take a deep breath and think again of a great time you had in your life -- like relaxing on a beach for instance -- and really feel it. Now think on this thought for 30 seconds. Can you remember the negative thought? I didn’t think so. But if you do, then go ahead and use advanced reframing like taking the tranquil beach picture in your mind and feeling it in your body. Blow it up, make it bigger, then say “I release” and let go. By that simple affirmation we’re telling our brains what to do, and it works.

Here is something Herbie wrote to himself after thinking in mindfulness:

“I just experienced euphoria while experiencing a complete mindbody felt sense. I was 100 percent in awareness, acceptance, meditation, optimism, affirmations, and visualizations. I came to a place of healing where I felt like energy healing was being sent to my body, and it felt awesome!”

Steve Ozanich, author of The Great Pain Deception and a strong believer in TMS, suggests that anger only can be transformed through mindfulness. Again, that is the practice of being present and aware of what is going on, without any judgment, simply observing what is: “Body and mind united.”

By being mindful, you cannot suppress your anger or deny it. By taking care of your anger you transform it from negative to positive energy. Taking care of it means not to fight it, but rather to understand why it exists. Then use the energy of anger to transform it into something positive or useful. It may take practice, but it works and you have no longer repressed the anger so your unconscious mind no longer gives you pain because you have recognized and dealt with it.

Herbie offers another way to practice mindfulness meditations, which is especially good in conquering fear.

To conquer fear, first you must use mindfulness meditations in which you will see the word fear in whatever color you represent or want it to be. Make sure you do this when fear is upon you, or really any thought of distress. You’ll always have emotions associated with a picture and emotion about a person or event. So you’ll see how effective this technique really is.

Watch the color of the word fear turn to black and white. I know it will usually be black or red. I just always represent the word fear in red to make it simple. If you have come this far, make sure you understand each technique that builds up to the next. These lessons are food for your spirit.

Then watch the picture turn yellow, and I mean really see a bright yellow not just vague.

Finally, you have this big paint roller full of white paint, and you’ll just roll right over the yellow color and make it white.

Then watch the picture disappear instantly. Open your eyes as you look off into the now, and feel the awareness all around you. Stay there for about 15 seconds, and then try to think of the negative thought again. You won’t be able to.

No, it’s not magic. It’s programming at its finest. This will get rid of any fear you associate with any memory you think of that gives you fear.

This is the go-to technique for all tensive thinking.

You can learn more about mindfulness by listening to the TMSWiki call-in that has just been posted in the general discussion forum. It is the audio of the January 14 call-in discussion of Steve Ozanich’s chapter 26 in his book The Great Pain Deception, called “Holding On to Anger.”

http://tmswiki.org/forum/threads/call-in-tuesday-jan-14-steve-ozanich-book-chapter-26.3448/

Gigalos, nowtimecoach, Forest and 2 others like this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Very, very well said my friend. :) AWESOME.... That's good stuff man.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

You said most of it. I tried to write it so I attributed most of it to you.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Yes I know that is some of the knowledge from our book on mindfulness and nlp plus focusing.
    Defiantly some very good ways to explore and become better at any level of mindfulness for sure.
    If anyone has any questions, ask away:) You might learn more than you have in years from this
    phenomenal excerpt. Thanks Walt
    bless You

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I excerpted it from several of your chapters.
    It all makes good sense to me and I hope to those reading the thread.

What a lot of great healing techniques are packed in our book.

I don't think you have to do much to chapters 8, 9, 10. They already read great to me.
    You did a great job summarizing everything in chapter 10.

6. Msunn

Msunn Well known member

Thanks for those techniques, and the clear explanation Walt and Herbie. I'll definitely try some of these. I think fear of resuming all normal activity, and the pain that comes up when I try, is still there for me, so I'll try the visualizations. Thanks to both of you for sharing this.

7. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Many thanks for posting this, Walt, it's a great read. I have added a link to this thread to the bottom of our wiki page about how to meditate for TMS healing: How Do I Meditate. It is near the very bottom.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Someone posted asking about mindfulness meditation yesterday so I thought I'd post this.
    Most of it comes from Herbie's chapters in our book.

It's great to know that Msunn said it was clear to him. Then readers ought to be able to
    understand everything in the book.

9. Waterbear

Waterbear Peer Supporter

Walt and Herbie,

Thank you so much!

I've been trying a bit everyday since I read this post. The longest I've gone before sort of "losing focus" has been 7 mins and I'm feeling pretty good about that. I find that it's easier if I try after a workout for some reason. Maybe being a little tired helps keeps me more calm.

I have a few questions/comments.

1) Eyes: My vision is awful so I take off my glasses and I can see the world but it's all in very soft focus, is this a good thing to do or should I see clearly with the glasses on?
    2) Eyes: if I keep them open, I forget to blink. I know it sounds sort of dumb but can I keep my eyes shut? Or should I learn how keep them open and blink.
    3) Thought: Just to make sure I'm clear on this, I think of a bad memory, then think of a good one, then release them both? Or do i try to think of a bad memory, release it, and think of a good memory. (This is what I had been doing but I just re-read the post and think I might be wrong).
    4) As an artist, the color technique is fantastic! I really think this is something I could get a great handle on if I practice a bit more.
    5) Posture: do you always sit up or do you lie down sometimes?
    6) I'm constantly plagued by "bad memories of pain". If I'm doing laundry, I remember how much laundry hurt me a year ago. Its in all aspects of my life, computer use, walking, bowling, cutting veggies, stair climbing, etc. Trying to "do things mindfully" has been very good for me. I can't always do it but when I can, it helps. I look forward to continued practice of this technique.

Thanks again!

10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Hi, waterbearer.
    Herbie is more expert on this so I'll ask him to reply.

The main thing is to visualize something calming or peaceful.

Herbie will give you better advice on this.

11. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Waterbear)- Walt and Herbie,

Thank you so much!

I've been trying a bit everyday since I read this post. The longest I've gone before sort of "losing focus" has been 7 mins and I'm feeling pretty good about that. I find that it's easier if I try after a workout for some reason. Maybe being a little tired helps keeps me more calm.

Eric)- This is awesome that your going 7 minutes -- thats great progress and if after the work outs is good for you that's fine -- we all have our own preferences. Its good to listen to your mindbody.

Waterbear)- I have a few questions/comments.

1) Eyes: My vision is awful so I take off my glasses and I can see the world but it's all in very soft focus, is this a good thing to do or should I see clearly with the glasses on?

Eric)- You can see clearly with your glasses on although while your looking around you could take your glasses off if you wish and each time you do -- imagine that youll be able to focus your eyes better and better each time you come out of the mindfulness state. ok then you'll be killing two birds with one stone.

Waterbear)-

2) Eyes: if I keep them open, I forget to blink. I know it sounds sort of dumb but can I keep my eyes shut? Or should I learn how keep them open and blink.

Eric)- No- you most defiantly can keep your eyes closed as most mindfulness practices are done.

Waterbear)-

3) Thought: Just to make sure I'm clear on this, I think of a bad memory, then think of a good one, then release them both? Or do i try to think of a bad memory, release it, and think of a good memory. (This is what I had been doing but I just re-read the post and think I might be wrong).

Eric)- I like the part that you think of the bad memory then think of the good memory to release but I have to ask are you getting rid of the emotional sting to these memories -- its not explained above but I have it in my book and I will explain it to you so you can get a feel for it ok

1)- Think of a good memory first ok
    2) Then feel the emotions that the good memory gives you. If its a memory of someone in your past or a loved one or just a great time at the beach make sure you feel all of the emotions that made you happy that day, hear the voices all around you of happiness and laughter -- let all of the feelings first envelope you till you feel the memory in your body and wait for a smile to come to your face ok.
    Then go ahead and hold for 20 to 30 seconds while your feeling and hearing then seeing your good memory -- Then take a 3 second break with your eyes open to let the emotion become even more felt in your body ok.
    This only means that you will see the memoery and notice the emtions in your feelings with the thought of the memory ok while you see what you saw and hear what you heard -- experience the memory for about 30 seconds ok before you open your eyes and just enjoy the feeling -
    3)- Very Important - You must totally feel the emotions with the positive memory ok.
    4)- Then think of something that has bothered you that month or week or whenever, something you cant get out of your head if you wish. Really think of it and feel what you felt, see what you saw and hear what you heard. When you get this emotion strong then break state and think of something that has nothing to do with either the good or bad memory , thought or feeling -- just think of your breathing for about 10 seconds.
    5) At this time you can think of the good , powerful -- emotional memory again and really feel what you felt , hear whatt you heard and see what you saw. Wait till a smile comes to your face and hold this thought for 30, seconds then break state again and focus on your breathing as in mindfulness ok.
    6) now when you try to think of the negative memory again you wont have any negative emotional charge to the negative memory again. You will still know the memory is there but it will not have an emotional sting any longer with you ok. So in essence its the process and steps in order that automatically kills the emotional still - A positive collapsing a negative. This is also known as emotion collapsing
    -- try it, it works great

Waterbear)-

4) As an artist, the color technique is fantastic! I really think this is something I could get a great handle on if I practice a bit more.

Eric)- Yes the colors and sounds and feelings are very important to this process -- its a reconsolidation and you should be able to totally eliminate any bad memory once you get the basics down as I have described above.

Waterbear)-

5) Posture: do you always sit up or do you lie down sometimes?

Eric)- You can do either if you wish.

Waterbear)-

6) I'm constantly plagued by "bad memories of pain". If I'm doing laundry, I remember how much laundry hurt me a year ago.

Eric)- This is when you think of the bad memory and feel it with all you can then instantly loose the bad memory and focus on the good memory and see what you saw, hear what you heard and feel what you felt then when you go back to see if the bad memory is there -- it should be gone if you feel both memories separately at their appointed time with as much emotion and feeling that you can without pressuring yourself ok

Waterbear)- Its in all aspects of my life, computer use, walking, bowling, cutting veggies, stair climbing, etc.

Eric)- You can change the negative charged memories to any of these situations you mentioned and I would 1 at a time as mentioned above ok

Waterbear)- Trying to "do things mindfully" has been very good for me. I can't always do it but when I can, it helps. I look forward to continued practice of this technique.

Eric) - You keep at your practice of mindfulness and when you add these other picture and sound and feelings with the mindfulness above you should have very good success mixing the elimination of negative charged memories with mindfulness - you'll always have a negative feeling in your body and even pain from bad memoies so remember to do this in order ok
    Bless You

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  12. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Waterbear how have you been doing lately. I hope all is coming along well, Bless you.

13. Waterbear

Waterbear Peer Supporter

Been doing good.

I need to get back to running now that my stitches from the wisdom teeth are out.

I have planned a 10 day visit to Panama too :)

All in all very minor pain if I have pain and it goes away fast.

I've been struggling a bit with anxiety but it been a bit better recently.

Thanks for asking!

14. andy64tms

andy64tms Well known member

Is the last post SPAM? I see it must have been, since it is gone. Thanks to our magical forum caretakers.
    Andy

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  15. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Do not know. Odd it is a response to an older (2014) entry.
    Lainey