1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 Meditation

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by plafield, Jan 21, 2019.

1. plafield

plafield New Member

Fortunately, I have had an on and off mindfulness meditation practice for many years. I never want to do it but am always glad when I do. Today I did 10 minutes and it flew by. I find it really helps to label what kind of thoughts come up: "There's a thought about my pain." There's a thought about the past." There's a worried thought" and I imagine them like thought bubbles that drift off into the sky and come back to focusing on my breath. Generally, I barely track one inhale before there's another thought but simply labeling the thought and then letting it float away really helps.

I've also been an avid journaler for most of my adult life so I feel fortunate that digging in and writing about issues is nothing but helpful, not stressful or upsetting at all. I'm grateful.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, plafield, you already have some very important skills for working with TMS. Good luck in your journey.

3. plafield

plafield New Member

Thanks Andy. There's been much progress and I'm very hopeful!

4. srton

srton Well known member

Funny - I read your post earlier in the week and my brain held on to your wonderful image of "thought bubbles." I felt my mind focusing on the pain last night while I was in the car and just watched it fly upwards and pop like the bubbles my kids play with.
    Thank you for that!

5. plafield

plafield New Member

That's awesome! So glad my image helped!