1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Tutorial Making your first forum post

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Forest, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everyone,

The following tutorial shows you how to make your first forum post:

I suggest that people go ahead and introduce themselves in the Support Subforum as soon as they sign up. Within a day or two, some friendly people will reply and share their thoughts on any questions you ask. To do this, after making an account, just click on the following link:
    https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/forums/support-subforum.26/create-thread

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2023
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey, riv - I think this needs to be a new thread using your own title, rather than tagging on to Forest's tutorial from 2014!

3. riv44

riv44 Well known member

Yeah, that was a mistake. I apologize. Welcome newcomers.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. myself816

myself816 Newcomer

Hello all,
    I am new here and figuring out how to utilize this website.
    I am one of those miracle stories you've heard about. I went from non functioning with lightheadedness and dizziness and feeling of faint, to complete recovery within a week.
    The pain did travel to my neck and back though, and I can't seem to get rid of it.
    Any ideas?

5. JanAtheCPA

Hello @myself816. This thread is a tutorial about using the site, and not a good place to ask for support. You need to create your own thread, starting here: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/forums/support-subforum.26/create-thread

For future reference (if you don't bookmark this link), you start a thread as follows:
    Look at the upper left menu bar and choose Forums. Choose the appropriate subforum from the list (typically Support or General Discussion). In that subforum, on the upper right, click on the blue bar for Post New Thread. Choose a good title that will encourage people to respond (see others for examples). Start typing, or copy and paste your text from another source, proofread what you've written, check out the formatting and emoji options, and hit Submit at the bottom.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
  6. myself816

myself816 Newcomer

thank you for that info.... was not sure how this works @JanAtheCPA

7. JanAtheCPA

I just fixed the hyperlink in Forest's post, so at least you can go directly to creating a new thread, but I don't know what to do about the video :(

8. For anyone else spinning around trying to figure out why they see "insufficient privileges" on every page after signing up: You need to confirm your account using the account confirmation email you should've received.

JanAtheCPA likes this.