1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bruce is today's host. Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Making progress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ruby, Feb 9, 2013.

1. ruby

ruby New Member

I am finding relief from my upper back pain. I have heard people describe it as the feeling of glass under their skin. I always described it as my upper back feeling "raw". I started my study of TMS about a month ago. I read Dr. Sarno's book, Healing Back Pain - The Mind Body Connection and now I am reading Dr. Scott Bradey's book, Pain Free for Life. I am also working through the TMS Structured Education Program. Once I understood and accepted the theory of TMS My pain started to subside. I can say that today that "feeling of glass under my skin" is completely gone. I still have other symptoms that need to be addressed......

2. SB

SB Peer Supporter

Interesting. I have pain in my right scapula... sounds like it is different from your "glass" feeling though. Mine just hurts. Occasionally, it switches to my left scapula. When I noticed that, it was a major clue that whatever the cause of the pain was wasn't straightforward. (This was before I heard of TMS.) TMS must be what it is, but I haven't conquered my scapula pain yet. Reading The Mindbody Prescription made other symptoms go away (wrists, fingers, elbows, etc). I started this program 8 days ago to see if I could address my scapula and other remaining symptoms. I'm reading Brady's book too! Best of luck! :D

3. ruby

ruby New Member

Thanks.. I also have scapula pain on the left side that at times goes down to my waist. I am working on resolving it. I am confident with some work I can make it go away. Keep up the good work and good luck to you,

4. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Hey, Ruby,
    How are you doing? I want to encourage you with the program.
    G.R.