1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Knee pain while playing soccer

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by leomessi45, Jun 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. leomessi45

leomessi45 Peer Supporter

I was playing soccer with some of my friends on friday night. We played for about 2 hours however towards the end my right knee started hurting a lot and I left for home since running became painful. There was no contact it just started hurting randomly. 3 days later it still hurts and going up the stairs hurts a bit and putting weight does as well. I'm not sure whether this is an overuse injury or just another TMS symptom imperative

Why I think it may be TMS?

- I lost my job recently( my parents are absolutely furious about it) and my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer recently.
    - On friday a lot of my friends got mad about something stupid against one of my other friends. I was the only one defending him hence the goodist personality.
    - I go to Europe next week and I have a very extensive history of vacation syndrome TMS pain.
    - I went out with a girl saturday night. The plan was to get dinner and then go for a walk through town. I was so scared my knee would start acting up. However, as I got into the flow of the date I didn't even think about my knee during the walk. Of course, I told her being with her solved my knee pain haha

Why I think it is overuse?

- I didn't warm up and I've been getting very lazy with stretching and gym excercises recently.
    - I had COVID for a while and ramped up excercise very quickly

What do you guys think? How would I tell the difference between an overuse injury and just TMS. I am a little scared about going back to intense excercise