1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Just had my first of 10 TMS therapy sessions

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by walllc643, May 20, 2015.

1. walllc643

walllc643 New Member

I happen to be one of those individuals who has great difficulty accepting the TMS diagnosis on a deep, emotional level. I have compiled ample evidence that my pain is indeed psychosomatic, and I am able to recognize the diagnosis as valid on an intellectual level, but that core belief just hasn't sunk in yet.

So I decided to seek out one-on-one counseling with a TMS therapist in order to address this issue, and also the following:
    • Automatic fear response to the pain
    • Constant doubt that the pain can get better even if it is psychosomatic
    • Ability to care less about the pain in general
    • General anxiety and distress
    I really hope that these sessions will prove useful! I would welcome input from anyone else who has sought therapy, as well as questions from anyone considering it.

Forest likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It's great that you are getting help from a TMS therapist. Believing 100 percent in TMS causing our pain is one of the
    hardest things for most people to achieve. Me, included. I'm 84 so it's easy to think any pain is structural.
    But as Steve Ozanich emailed me two years ago, I am a "perfect storm" example of TMS, from repressed emotions
    going back to my childhood when my parents divorced when I was 7 years old. Journaling helped me to discover that
    and helped me to heal by forgiving my parents.

If you can share your experiences in the therapist sessions and how they are helping you believe totally in TMS,
    it would help a lot people, me included. You don't have to write a book. Just summarize one! haha

IrishSceptic likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Wall,
    I think some updates as you go along would be interesting for all of us. Thank you for this.
    Andy B.

Forest likes this.