1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Journaling idea for those interested in the Law of Attraction/Affirmations.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Layne, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Layne

Layne Well known member

So a post I read the other day sparked in me a line of thought and I wanted to share a small revelation. The post was discussing how one is to address the negative feelings and replace them with positive affirmations at the same time. Many people suggest ending the journaling session with a positive affirmation - I feel like this is takes it a bit further. Hope you guys find it helpful!

Say we are journaling about guilt or goodism or anger or whatever. What if we ended with something like "I now release the need to feel guilty (angry)/I release the need to people please/It is getting easier and easier to release my suppressed emotions, etc...

I am going to start doing this and see what happens!

(Releasing my suppressed emotions is getting easier and easier. I release all repressed emotions effortlessly.) :D

Sienna, eric watson and BruceMC like this.
  2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Making positive assertions and affirmations like that are an excellent way, it seems to me, to process repressed emotions. Process is the key term here because processing repressed emotions into positive affirmations helps reprogram the neural pathways along new pain-free lines.

Layne and eric watson like this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

layne this is awesome- try even though i have bad thoughts i still lovingly and
    completely accept myself when the feeling is to over whelming.
    and now i release and let go of all these bad thoughts and i accept goodness and peace- health and prosperity
    its affirmations that should go along with what you stated above- very good
    plus i love to add the law of attraction affirmations as you stated in you title
    i had to say this is a real good post thanks
    layne and Bruce mc.
    its about freedom from those nagging emotions ya know

Sienna likes this.
  4. Layne

Layne Well known member

Eric - thank you! I do use Faster EFT, which utilizes tapping but not the "even though...I completely love and accept myself" phrase. I am always saying "I release and let go," though :) Thank you for the suggestions!

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

robert smith is a great teacher

6. Dear Lianne

Dear Lianne Peer Supporter

Hi Layne,

Great idea! As a professional handwriting analyst I can second Bruce's statement; with handwriting you can actually re-program neural pathways. We call this process "grapho-therapy."

A tip for you & others here: When you write the affirmations, be sure to use the same affirmation for 21 days in a row, not skipping a day. In this manner, you create new neural pathways, according to the research in my field. Use an affirmation that you can actually feel to be true as you are writing. If you do not believe the affirmation, your subconscious mind will know.

Let us know how you're doing with this process.

veronica73 likes this.