1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is this new knee pain TMS or something else

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Livinginhope, Aug 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Livinginhope

Livinginhope Peer Supporter

On my 34th day of SEP for hip pain, and have been battling a bad back spasm and now I can hardly stand due to my right knee. It started about about 5 days ago after walking a bit further than usual and now I can't walk at all. This is a totally new symptom and am wondering if it is overuse or TMS? I haven't been walking for the past few days trying to give it a rest but it is actually feeling worse. Does that mean TMS?
    I am running out of body parts to hurt!

2. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

It's moving around looking for a place to lodge and get you to notice it. It can happen this way after you begin TMS healing. The subconscious does not give up easily. I don't know how walking a bit further than usual would make it so you cannot walk at all. It sounds to me that it is TMS.

I've had all kinds of interesting new symptoms and the return of some old ones since I began my healing journey. From what I've read here and in various books, it is not at all unusual for this to happen. If you are concerned about your knee, you could get it checked out by a doctor for your peace of mind.

3. Livinginhope

Livinginhope Peer Supporter

My head says that it is TMS, but it is so painful that it is hard to think that it is nothing. I want to give it a few days to see if it resolves. If not, I will go to get it checked out. To have such an intense reaction and not have it caused by anything dramatic is suspicious. Also, I have been resting it for the past few days so I am wondering why it should be hurting even more?

4. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

Possibly because you are so focused on it. It's hard to ignore pain like that, but every thought you put into it reinforces neural pain pathways.