1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting MRI Result

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Huckleberry, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Well known member

So I had my appointment today with the neurologist who is monitoring my spinal neuroma. I had my last MRI about 10 months ago and this was a full spine scan as opposed to the usual one for lumbar only. My appointment today was basically just to stage any growth of the neuroma and to see if my situation warantted surgery at this stage. There had been no growth and as my situation was manageable and because I had my pain under control we agreed I would have another MRI in a year and discuss everything then...to be fair the guy is great, he thinks the neuroma is incidental in all probability and that it is unrelated to the pain and he actively discourages surgery at this stage. Whilst he has never said my issue is TMS I think he thinks I have a functional pain disorder.

What was interesting today was that he showed me my MRI off the upper back and lo and behold I had a quite marked herniated disc. I almost laughed when he showed me this as I have no symptoms or pain of any description and have never felt so much of a twinge with my neck or upper back. I just thought if I was having pain in that area how easy it would have to attribute the pain to that finding....was really eye opening to see just how much of medicine and diagnostics is basically taking a guesswork at causality.

Ellen likes this.
  2. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

[Deleted at BeWell's request]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
    Tennis Tom likes this.