1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Insight regarding TMS (neck spasm/stammer + many more)

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by silentflutes, Apr 26, 2019.

1. silentflutes

silentflutes Peer Supporter

Insight came to me couple of minutes ago.

When you see what is happening within you, changing the symptoms stops being important. You have deep awe to whatsoever is happening within and come to terms with them. It makes sense to have all those symptoms when all those are happening within you. When you don't even care about changing symptoms, it vanishes. And end of symptoms is not important or big stuff. Coming to terms within is.

Hope this helps.

2. JulieMTherapy

JulieMTherapy Peer Supporter

SOOO true!! You take away the power from the pain!

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes! This was the core insight which really helped me in my initial recovery. These two distinct elements are so basic, yet they're not easy imparted to ourselves because we're worried we have to change something. Have to change something either on the outside, like with our lives, or on the inside, like our emotions. Neither is true. But we're in distress, so there is an impetus to "fix."

The "it makes sense" and nothing needs to be added is great realization!

I am happy for you you silentflutes. Even if you forget these insights sometimes, this is a large beginning!

4. LaughingKat

LaughingKat Peer Supporter

This is so helpful and so well stated. Thank you!