1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I think this is usefull

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by karinabrown, Mar 30, 2018.

1. karinabrown

karinabrown Well known member

hi all,

Strugling with life events lately,
    Which also caused new issues and
    stuff sadly although i was doing better on the foot stuff

All this time in my jearny a lot of helpfull and good conversations here
    Helping me a lot with dealing
    with my perfectionism en critical voice in my head. And support !
    Coincidents or not : stumbled upon this tedtalk which i enjoyed a lot so like to share it with you all
    Maybe it inspires you to :
    https://ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability?utm_source=tedcomshare&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=tedspread (The power of vulnerability)

plum likes this.
  2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I love this talk. I especially love the way she is vulnerable yet shines her light anyway. Very inspiring, and beautifully human.

Sending you much love through these tough times Karina xxx

Homestead Hermit and karinabrown like this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, I have seen this one before. Beautiful. I find my vulnerability opens me to my tenderness and loving heart, and self-intimacy. When I'm there, I need nothing else. All my trying and pushing on life can finally cease.

Homestead Hermit and karinabrown like this.
  4. Homestead Hermit

Homestead Hermit Peer Supporter

Thank you so much @plum for directing me to this thread and Brene's video :) @karinabrown thanks so much for sharing this video...it's exactly what I was also looking for right now, too.

Vulnerability is such a beautiful thing. I don't know if I've 100% mastered it, but I realized there's just no point in keeping your story and all your scary, deep dark secrets to yourself...by sharing them you never know who you might be helping or affecting (even if you never know).

The trouble I've had with opening up, especially to new people, is if THEY are not ready to be vulnerable, you opening up to them might scare them away... and I've found this to be the case more often than not. I hope more people would hear this message and get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

karinabrown likes this.