1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I experienced real-time recovery from depression

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by mcplums, Jan 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mcplums

mcplums New Member

So I am new to this and havn't been doing it very long, but I recently had an absolutely wonderful experience.

I was feeling very very low, like the colour had faded out of the world, classic depression. And I sat down and journaled. I wouldn't even call it journaling, all I did was write out the same sentence (a fact within my life that I find hard to accept) over and over. And the most amazing thing happened- I could feel my mood improving in real time as I did it- and after ~10 mins I felt just amazing, like a different person. It was like a dial had been turned and the symptoms were 100% gone. It was UNREAL.

So I can happily say that I am one of those people who no longer needs to rely on faith to trust that this will work, I KNOW that for me at least it does.

I still have bigger fish to fry so my journey has only just begun, but I thought it would be nice for others to hear this. Especially since I do not have pain and have never had chronic pain- it isn't just for pain that this can work!

Btw I have found this series very very helpful

Thanks to 'Mrs Dependable' for pointing it out to me!

2. AC45

AC45 Well known member

Hello mcplums,

Thanks for sharing the videos. I enjoyed watching them!

-AC45

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

This is a wonderful story mcplums.

I wonder if you could write out an example of this, perhaps using (a fact within my life that I find hard to accept) which has nothing to do with your life, but would serve as a clear example.

Thank you.

4. opaline

opaline Newcomer

Thanks for posting this, I'm so glad you found a way past your experience of depression! I'm going to try your method for my RSI and anxiety.

5. mcplums

mcplums New Member

Sure. My sentence was "I have achieved a lot less over the last X years than I hoped I would"

6. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi mcplums,
    Thank you for the example. What you did was a form of what I call an "empathic statement." This kind of statement acknowledges our experience exactly as it is, without asking for change. It brings a satisfying contact with our experience. There arises a recognition and implicit nourishment or love. We come home to ourselves. I am so happy you found this in your life.
    Andy B