1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Hypochondria SPIKED

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Kalo, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

So, I went to visit my Mom with my dog and she was very happy!

But, as I was waiting for my Mom and younger employee (male) went to see if my Mom was ready to come out to the visiting area.

So, as he came back, he was talking to me about his health problems...He told me he had been having sciatica pain in his leg for 10 years. And of course he went to MRI and they found the good L5 herniation and SI Joint pressing on the nerve.

He got surgery and guess what? IT MADE his symptons worst, so that proved to me that SURGERY doesn't work..

But then he said woke up with hand numbness went to his doc. They put him in a C spin scan and thought he had a tumor on his neck, but, then it was told he had MS.

The doc. blamed the failed surgery of his back and said "see it was the MS" and not the failed surgery.

This gave me hope that Dr. Sarno is correct cause of his pain is not herniated disc are not the cause..

But what SPIKED my Health Anxiety was when he told he MITE had a tumor from MRI..

So, where does this leave me, I have sciatica on one leg...NEVER hard MRI..

My fear is tumor...I have NEVER had an Xray nor MRI!

But still have Sciatic pain....

I know my fear probably is irritational cause I have anxiety! But damn, why did he tell me his story!!

Any advise on hypochondria fear?

Thanks,

Kalo

2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

let it go...... and ask yourself is it true

3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Look at this fabulous post:

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/getting-to-the-heart-of-tms.6095/

You're not trying to get rid of the pain, or overcome hypochondria, or beat an eating disorder, or eliminate OCD, or bounce from one of these preoccupations to another. Your ultimate goal is to alter your relationship with fear and preoccupation as a whole, to connect with yourself, and to connect with the emotions that are underneath these defense mechanisms.

Jane.Fearless likes this.
  4. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

Thanks Boston, I think this is why my symptom hangs around longer....My Mom's in the hospital and my amygdala is hyper right now....I am not thinking rational or I am having irrational fear.

Thanks Mike2014, just read the Alan Gordan blog...

Kalo