1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How to feel emotions whe... I don't feel any?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Jan 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

I hardly feel happiness, I hardly feel sadness. I hardly laugh or cry, well today I did cried and felt sad so that's an emotion, but it's weird. How exactly do you guys get in touch with emotions and how does it help?

2. LittleWildflower

LittleWildflower New Member

I personally found great success with EMDR. It’s used to help people with PTSD process deeply repressed emotions or traumatic experiences and it brings them right to the surface for examination. It’s one of the few ways I can freely access all my emotions and feel safe. I’ve laughed and sobbed bitterly, screamed, found peace. It might be useful for you. My husband also did it (he doesn’t have PTSD) and I can honestly say he found it life changing. He was extremely repressed, to the point where he was compartmentalising parts of his life and very passive aggressive and unable to say what wanted. After 3 sessions of EMDR it was like the world had been lifted off his shoulders and he expressed himself so much more freely. He recommends it to everyone now.

3. Sita

Sita Well known member

EMDR yes. It helped me tremendously. For PTSD and trauma and you don't need many sessions.
    Also acupuncture can help. I started to cry after my first acupuncture session/treatment. It was very difficult for me to cry before that.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. stevow7

Thanks for the suggestion! Never heard of EMDR.

5. stevow7

I never heard of EMDR. Thanks for replying!

Sita likes this.
  6. ConfusedBody4444

ConfusedBody4444 New Member

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  7. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I went through years of frozen emotions. Thanks to Sarno, I realized that it was the cause of my pain. Meditation and mindfulness unfroze my emotions, but it took at least a year of daily meditations. I no longer meditate daily for 1 hour, but I continue to be mindful about my emotions - and I feel them!!!!

Sita likes this.
  8. Sita

Sita Well known member

I've been meditating daily since 2014. Many times I feel the need to meditate twice a day. Mindfulness also, helps me tremendously.
    I made great progress and I'm very grateful for it. Feeling "negative" emotions ...this is more difficult for me. But I'm a work in progress. Under construction. Patience, lots of patience is needed. But I do have hope and I do pray.

TG957 likes this.
  9. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

When negative emotions come, I focus on the physical sensations in my body related to those emotions. I also keep reminding myself that everything passes. And it passes.

Sita likes this.
  10. Sita

Sita Well known member

I'll do that more. Thanks for writing this, TG957, because I forget sometimes to do it. I don't even know how I forget something like this...

On the other hand, I started to swear/curse. Loudly. It helps! LOL (I never did it in the past and I'm 53 yo)

TG957 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  11. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

LOL - I totally get it. This, of course, is our brains on TMS!

Sita likes this.