1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How to beat CRPS and any other form of TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by TG957, Mar 8, 2022.

1. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Folks, @miffybunny and I are very grateful to our wonderful friends at @TMS RoundTable for another chance to talk about Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), which is just another case of TMS, albeit quite extreme and difficult to conquer.

TMS Roundtable site and FB page are full of information, but also is a wonderful community for those who have not recovered from chronic pain yet but is determined to succeed!

https://www.facebook.com/TMSRoundTable/ (TMS RoundTable Global)

We hope that this conversation can be helpful for those who are just beginning their TMS healing and those who feel stuck:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Ditto! :)

TG957 likes this.
  3. Sterling

Sterling Peer Supporter

Great discussion. I watched it 3 times! I’ve been “labeled” with atypical trigeminal neuralgia from a botched dental procedure but over the past couple of years it’s started to act like CRPS in the face with visible redness, inflammation and spreading. Pre-pandemic, I had about 4 months where it felt 99% healed…then pandemic, surgery, lots of stress and anxiety and it’s been the worse it’s ever been. So definitely TMS. I heard you when you said sometimes people have to hit rock bottom. I’m there and this discussion really hit home. Thank you!

miffybunny and Cap'n Spanky like this.
  4. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Awesome! Really look forward to watching this.

TG957 and miffybunny like this.
  5. miffybunny

So glad you found it helpful! I can relate to your story...years ago I had a failed root canal and it spiraled from there. Although I got better that time, that event was quite a trauma in and of itself. I looked the guy in the painting "The Scream" by Munch lol. You will definitely get better!

Sterling and TG957 like this.
  6. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you! You may find our website useful, too: www.defeatcrps.com . Best of luck to you in beating your TMS!

miffybunny likes this.
  7. Sterling

Sterling Peer Supporter

Thank you. I actually went thru the entire website this morning lol Although my “label” isn’t technically CRPS, it sure is acting like it so I found all of the CRPS info extremely hope inspiring. Thank you for all you do for this community.

miffybunny and TG957 like this.
  8. Sterling

Sterling Peer Supporter

Thanks Miffy. I’ve gone thru many of your posts and messages. Thank you for all you do for this community.

miffybunny and TG957 like this.
  9. miffybunny

Thank you so much for your kind words @Sterling ! They mean a lot to me! So glad you found our website helpful as well! :)

Sterling likes this.
  10. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

This is really great! Definitely a recommended watch.

I especially liked the common myths. It was so insightful and true. I personally have a different perspective on journaling and meditation, but agree that everyone has to discover the techniques that work best for them.

11. miffybunny

Thank you so much! Glad you found it helpful! Yes we are all unique and there is no right or wrong in terms of tools and strategies that work for the individual.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.