1. To receive notices when new "Overcoming TMS" days are posted, just sign up at this link. To view the days that have already been posted, click here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (NY) time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. BruceMC will host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 25 How I am doing

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by valerie, Jun 11, 2013.

1. valerie

valerie Peer Supporter

For the most part, through this 25 day + journey, I have been doing really well. My back pain is mostly non-existent, and my knee still hurts once in a while but it is not debilitating. For some reason for the last few days or so I have been struggling. I keep feeling a twitching in my leg, mostly when i am trying to sleep - that hasn't been there for weeks. And lately i've also had trouble sleeping, last night I think I slept about 30 minutes and had to cancel a non-urgent trip today because I couldn't face the 5a.m. wake up call. My mind is going over and over with things to do and I am feeling behind and out of control. I also think I'm nervous about going back east tomorrow for a long trip - last time I was there my back pain started.
    But it's a new day. (well at 10 a.m.) so here I am back at the wiki. I obviously need to journal!

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

You wrote what I was thinking....journal. Journal about this trip. I journal before I go to bed at night trying to write about everything I can think of that is on my mind. There maybe one thing I miss and sure enough I wake up with it spinning in my head. I sit up, turn on the light and journal. I will never be able to go back to sleep until I do this. My mind will not stop spinning.

My body is an alarm bell that something is bothering. I will have to journal, I believe, for the rest of my life. You are doing great. You will get this figured out.