1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 How am I doing??

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by bluesboy63, Mar 2, 2016.

1. bluesboy63

bluesboy63 Well known member

Day 10 says make a post about how I'm doing so far. So far this has been spectacular, especially since I'm the worlds biggest procrastinator and never thought I'd get this far!

Most of the things I read that are in the program I already knew from reading and believing in the Sarno books for years. But I'll tell anyone that thinks they won't STILL get something from it, you're wrong. It never gets old, it's always helpful, and hearing it from different perspectives from different experts always sheds a new light on things.

One thing I'd like to ask everyone out there...is it just me or does the journaling bring out a new form of TMS for you? For me it's crazy, but as I write, my handwriting is so bad that I can almost not read it. It's like I've just learned to write. Also, my forearm weakens constantly to the point that I have to stop and stretch my wrist. Is this the TMS REALLY not wanting me to drudge this stuff up or simply that I rarely write anything by hand anymore? Hell, I rarely even write a check these days! Maybe a combination of the two, but I found it interesting and given my propensity for health anxiety, I'm sure it's a life threatening illness...haha ;)

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi bluesboy,
    I have not heard others mention this, but it makes sense to me that it is a form of TMS. It may be caused by tension inside, related to exploring things. Some people react negatively with TMS symptoms in the beginning of exploration, or even longer term, but it becomes observable, and not troubling...
    Andy B

3. MellieV

MellieV Peer Supporter

Hey again Bluesboy
    My writing journals are a MESS! LOL! I actually have two copybooks, one for my positive stuff, and another for my SEP journaling. One is beautiful, and the other looks like a caveman wrote it! I link my sloppy writing to the idea that my journaling is more of a stream of consciousness pouring out of me because I have so many thoughts that have to get out so quickly, because once they start coming, it's like an avalanche. My hand can't keep up with my brain. Kind of like brain diarrhea (pardon the expression)!

I have also had days where my wrist hurt during writing too, but I had written so many days before without a problem, I knew I had to be drudging up some stuff my body was trying to resist with pain yet again. But, I do have to agree that so many people in general don't actually write anymore, you have to be using muscles you haven't used in a while that are probably fatigued.