1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Hip arthritis or TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by chopper72, Aug 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. chopper72

chopper72 New Member

I was diagnosed with severe hip arthritis last October. Doctor said it had degenerated enough to warrant a hip replacement. I went to physical therapy, got better and stayed very active. In the last few weeks the pain has returned with a vengeance. I had a cortisone shot that did nothing. My hip muscles go into spasm with walking a few hundred yards and the pain is intense. Yet unlike most arthritis patients I am not stiff in the morning and have no trouble going up or down stairs.

I have a long history of TMS issues which I have been successful dealing with thanks to Dr. Sarno. Because it is muscle pain that I have now I am fairly convinced it is TMS. However my hip is bone on bone, labrum gone etc. so that creates doubt. I know several people, without a shred of TMS, who have had hip replacements that have cured pain.

Are there good ways to delineate between arthritis based pain and TMS pain? Does arthritis cause muscle spasms?