1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Hi, new here. TMS or injury?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by hfgmhele, Apr 23, 2019.

1. hfgmhele

hfgmhele Newcomer

hi all,

I have posted two things in the ask a tms therapist section but can’t find them so here is my last attempt:

I have been diagnosed with posterior and anterior ankle impingement. I have a bruise on the top of my foot which kind of goes with the findings in the mri. However, I have had injections, lots of physio, chiropractor adjustments etc. The next step is surgery to remove the os trigonum which is thought to have caused the issues in the first place.

I have been using Curable and whilst it’s helped me with muscular pain (no remarkable findings reported) in my shoulder and lower back, the ankle is another story. It is pretty much constant pain and I’m just going crazy with thinking what else I am to do to be able to walk normally again?! I’m questioning whether the ankle issue is tms or not and therefore I’m asking for help here. I know mri’s show our internal wrinkles but the fact that I had a bruise and I still do! and the finding is there, I’m confused. Why are the tms techniques not working? I don’t want to have surgery! Purely because I may end up not achieving much?!

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi hfgmhele,

I researched a little about the condition you're diagnosed with, and don't have any direct experience with it, or treating it with a TMS process. Nor could I find anything in searching. Maybe others will come in who have had success with this.

If you don't want to have surgery, and no one else hear can make some suggestion or support, then I think the best you could do would be to go to a TMS physician to get his/her opinion about whether this is treatable using TMS techniques. You might consider this.

Good luck in this conundrum!

Andy B

hfgmhele likes this.