1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Hi! I'm new!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by lorrie, Dec 19, 2014.

1. lorrie

lorrie New Member

Hi! Thank God for the HuffPo!

It took me about three minutes to realize I had found the solution to eight years of agonizing pain in my legs.

It started over a silly little work dispute. I was annoyed but resigned. But why did I start to have pain in my legs two hours later?

I have NO problems with pain ANYWHERE else and no clinical problems. Imagine my amazement as my legs stopped hurting this week.

Coincidentally (?) I decided to stop taking the 60 mm of morphine the week before. 12 days cold turkey and the pain had already dropped the week before! I attributed this to morphine rebound effect...I had been taking it for 4 years and it just wasn't working anymore. I have an interesting body chemistry. I have stopped over 20 powerful drugs cold turkey with no side effects at all.

The first time I drank enough to pass out I woke up feeling fantastic. My college friends will NEVER let me forget asking "what is a hangover?"
    Only did this a few times in my life as I had parents who warned me that boys could be dangerous to drunk girls. Anyway....I am not bragging just know my body fairly well and decided to try it. Did not want anyone to think that I was being foolish and reckless.

I can't wait to get started!!!!

Also, I am very relieved. Not only am I adopted (and I KNOW I have HUGE issues with this) but we adopted two daughters from China. They are 14 and 16. My 16 year old is me all over again...must be the PERFECT student, must do EVERYTHING perfectly. She asked to start anger management therapy and is already doing better.

My 14 year old is like her father. Both are very easygoing. I know miracles exist because my husband was diagnosed at 17 with Stage 4 cancer and his parents were told he wouldn't see 18. Fortunately nobody told him. He's still doing great at 61. He did 4 years of "traditional" treatment and two years of energy healing.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    North Star, mike2014 and Ryan like this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Hi lorrie,

Welcome aboard, you are about to embark on a incredible journey that will change your life. Fasten your seat belt and get ready for the ride. It seems you are already doing great and making some wonderful progress. That story with your husband us awesome. Keep chugging along and gaining knowledge. You have come to the right place, enjoy the ride.

Ryan

lorrie and North Star like this.
  3. lorrie

lorrie New Member

Thank you! I just woke up. Nothing is hurting.

I have already done a lot of work-2 years of Ro-Hun therapy which was supposed to take the pain away as I processed my emotions plus loads of energy healing. But no matter what, nothing made a dent in the pain.

I realize now that it was because I never really expected it to.

I write a lot so I am actually looking forward to that.

I am trying to figure out which program to work.

I always thought hey I've had a pretty good life. Tons of friends, great jobs, a great love...but the friends who walked away, the 15 years I spent dating verbally abusive men, the stress of jobs and.. I see I'm unconsciously putting this last...the agonizing death from Alzheimer's of my mother. Nothing was ever good enough. No A- accepted. I must exorcise her voice from my brain.

4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Lorrie,

Welcome to the forum, it's so nice that you found us as a result of the article in The Huffington Post.

I'm really glad you have opened up to the concept to mind body healing, it will no doubt be an inspirational journey where you will become closer to the authentic you.

With regards to which is the best education program, there are numerous out there, but there are two free programs within this site. Boston Redsox has posted the same question within the Forum and you can find Forest's response here - http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/alan-gordons-program.6788/

All the best,

Mike

lorrie likes this.
  5. lorrie

lorrie New Member

Thank you! I'm lying here in bed and my legs are threatening mutiny. They are used to ruling my life and do not seem to like the idea that I am taking their power away.

I'm so confused! My PEDIATRICIAN told my mother I had perfect legs. (Balance, etc. pre ballet physical) I can still rock a miniskirt. I have never injured them.

Why did they turn on me and how can I stop it...NOW!

I already feel like I need to heal today. I am SICK OF PAIN. No more of my precious life wasted.

However I see my perfectionist tendencies already emerging.

I'm patting them and telling them I love them and they can now have a much earned vacation from the pain they suffered.

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Lorri. Bless you and your husband for adopting two Chinese teenagers. Yes, your hands will be full,
    but what an adventure you are on! I had two college roommate, one Kioshi was from Okinawa
    and Hooshasng from Iran. We got along great and learned about each other's culture.

And congratulations on getting off drugs. I find the best way to relax is to drink a cup of hot milk.
    It's even more calming than a glass of wine. No wonder my mother gave me and my older
    brother and sister hot Ovaltine when were kids, before bedtime. We slept great.

7. mike2014

Hi Lorrie,

I'm sorry to hear you are in agony, we have all at some point felt that way. It definitely sounds like TMS - try and focus on your emotions and not the physical symptoms, I know its hard to do, but distraction always helps lessen the pain. If you continue to focus on your pain your thoughts will fuel those emotions which feed the pain.

Be gentle, loving and compassionate to yourself, but please also take note that healing occurs at different time for people and not to add extra pressure by putting urgency on you healing, it will feed that pain.

I always find meditation, self talk and laughter to be the best therapy when I am in pain, you may wish to incorporate these into your day to day activities.

May you come close to the emotions that have hurt you and be at one with yourself.

Best wishes,

Mike

8. lorrie

lorrie New Member

Thanks Mike. I'm feeling pretty good today.

My chief emotion-- and I can't be the first- is to feel like A TOTAL IDIOT. Thank heavens (well I'm terribly sorry they suffered) but obviously some of the most brilliant minds out there have fallen prey to this.

I'm also massively irritated because I knew this stuff. Thought I did anyway. I've had great success with setting intentions and achieving them.

Walt, thanks for mentioning my girls! We have had them since they were babies and they keep us laughing and crying (with pride, but also frustration!) I resolved to raise them in a loving, nurturing, supportive environment and yet I KNOW....I KNOW....my oldest would have fallen prey to this sometime in her life. She came into this life ready to shoot to the top yet she attends the same insanely competitive high school I attended and is not the #1 violinist. She's #2. Out of 350 kids, her junior year GPA is #5 in the class. Top female. Took a vocational culinary class that tipped her GPA off #1 going out to 104.56 to 104.78. Because it wasn't a weighted honors course. Track? Lettered both soph & freshman. Did I mention soccer AND Science Olympiad?

And she has done it all with our loving support but not pressure. Come to think of it, my parents didn't pressure me either. My parents had 6 higher degrees and I resolved to beat them. They did not have to say a word. I put it on myself. Now I can share the most priceless treasure of all with her...the ability to live a pain free life.

It didn't hit me till I was 47. It may not hit her in my life or R (husband)'s life but I guarantee it would have hit sooner or later.

Mike, what is self talk?

My favorite distraction is writing and reading. As you can see I write compulsively, night & day. If I'm not writing I am reading. So I will use these distractions.

I'm so happy I kicked morphine in 12 days but now I need a new challenge. Off to explore this forum!

Thank you, gentlemen!

Lorrie

PS I see I have already contradicted myself. My parents expected top performance but did not punish us for an A-. Just said we know you can do better. That was all the pressure I needed.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  9. mike2014

Hi Lorrie,

It's great that you have kicked the morphine, that is quite an achievement, it should all be uphill from here on in.

Wow, your children certainly have set high standards which is great, the beauty of the TMS techniques is that you can teach them how to journal and meditate now which will also help them work through any anxiety or stress they have. It's better to take a pro-active approach than reactive, I wish I knew about this when I was younger.

I can certainly can see how you have developed TMS with such a competitive and perfectionist streak.

With regards to self talk, please see the following links:

http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Self_Talk_Dialogue
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Affirmations
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/daily-affirmaions-to-overcome-fear.6753/

If you want to delve deeper, you can always use the search box at the top of this page and enter the word 'self talk', there have been numerous threads.

God bless,

Mike

lorrie likes this.
  10. lorrie

lorrie New Member

Thanks, Mike!!!!!!!