1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Harder than I thought

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ready2heal, Dec 19, 2022.

1. Ready2heal

Ready2heal New Member

I'm enjoying learning about TMS and I even enjoy the journaling. I'm having a harder time with the amount of free floating emotion that has come with the process. Now that I'm more aware of feelings I have—in particular feelings about myself not being good enough—i feel more fragile in my day-today life. Yesterday I burst in into tears over a small disagreement with my partner then developed a migraine. For the last few days, I have had more physical and emotional pain which, honestly, kind of sucks. I'm continuing on, but will likely take it slower moving forward.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

@Ready2heal, believe it or not, this sounds like progress, and in fact it's also reeeally super common to experience emotional and physical setbacks at about this point in the program! This is your brain in panic mode, trying to get you to quit doing the work, which means that you are getting somewhere.

It's really important to practice self-compassion and self-love at this point, and to stick with the program. Yes, take it slowly, and also talk to your poor fearful brain and let it know that you are perfectly safe, and that it's okay for you to do this.

You can do it!

3. Ready2heal

Ready2heal New Member

That makes sense. I did catch my brain considering quitting so I know you're right. Confronting certain emotions makes my symptoms both better and worse, so I know there is something there. I just don't yet have control over it. Thank you @JanAtheCPA!

JanAtheCPA likes this.