1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Glute/hip pain as tms?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by keyboardplaya, Oct 12, 2020.

1. keyboardplaya

keyboardplaya New Member

Hello community,

I have been doing a ton of walking lately and in general am a very fit/strong guy. I have dealt with TMS for a few years. Last Friday I walked about 8 miles straight (4-5 hours worth), as I have been doing a dog-walking job (my career was taken out during the pandemic). I felt very sore/tired at the end of it all but don't have any memory of getting 'hurt'. The next day (Saturday) I went out for a much shorter walk with some dogs and started having pain in my right glute/hip when going up a hill. That same morning I had had an extremely stressful conversation/argument with my girlfriend. The pain in my hip/glute is still here and I am supposed to get back to work tomorrow. The timing of the onset seems like TMS to me, as it related to my relationship troubles. But I did also do a large amount of walking at once. Normally I do 4-5 miles per day with breaks. I remember before I had TMS a few years back I did a 20 mile walk one day and didn't have any pain and the other day I did less than half of that and am still struggling. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts.

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

With everything going on in your life, what you seem to have is TMS. In addition to the problems with your girlfriend, there could be some resentment due to the loss of your career. I cannot imagine how walking 8 miles in the street could be harmful for a healthy and fit person. Remember, the proverbial 10,000 steps a day we need to do in order to stay fit equate to about 4.5 miles. If anything, I would not be suprised if walking every day actually helps to keep your pain at bay.

keyboardplaya likes this.