1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Full TMS recovery from back pain and sciatica

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by MindBodyPT, Feb 14, 2018.

1. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I hear you. Nerve pain is a real bugaboo. With mine it led to bracing and other muscular stuff but once I accepted it was TMS (a long and tedious journey), my fears around it eased. Alan's program is brilliant and helped me a lot.

Sending you love x

Click#7 likes this.
  2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

We certainly are.
    @MindBodyPT is a real gift to the community.

Click#7 and MindBodyPT like this.
  3. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

Nerve pain is classic, classic, classic TMS/MBS. From reading posts on this site for almost 3 years, I suspect it is the most common, but what other kind of pain is there since it's the well formed pathway between the nerves and the brain that are the problem? I have seen first hand many times that medically trained people have a hard time thinking outside the medical box. For eg, my husband's brother and sister, both in medical fields, think doom & gloom about health issues because they have been trained in all the things that can go wrong. ( They thought we were crazy to have our 2nd child at home with midwives.)

I also think your sneaky brain is using "I'm a nurse" as an excuse to hang on to the pain. Since you are a nurse, think of yourself as a leading edge provider in the new way of thinking of healing, looking at the mind & body as integrated together. You are upgrading your skills.

I agree with everything MindBodyPT suggests above, except I would add you are trying to do too much at once and feeding the perfectionist in you. Don't keep trying to cover all the bases. Don't apply too much pressure.
    ps, Don't repeat the MRI, you're just feeding the fear fire.

Click#7 and MindBodyPT like this.
  4. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Aw you guys embarrass me. I’m lucky to be part of such a great community of supportive people!

5. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

You all are the best....I did experience this b4 and it was nerve pain, but gosh not as severe. I made it to the other side without even knowing what TMS was ? My pain left me for 18 years guys & 18 f'ing years later I broke my foot during an extremely stressful time in my life and the anterior cingulate cortex took over. I have 41 years in as a nurse. I thank u all for caring for this caregiver. I was good at what I did. My husband used to tell me..."you care more for your patients than they care about themselves. " So I ask for some caring thoughts and prayers. I have no idea why I am going thru this ? but maybe I do in the back of my mind. Any kind thoughts and suggestions are appreciated. Love u all.

EileenS likes this.
  6. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

Sending you love and caring thoughts. You sound like the kind of nurse that makes a hospital a compassionate place and I thank you. My brother-in-law, who married my sister when I was 9 and they were 19, died of pancreatic cancer 2 weeks ago. The nurses at the hospital were so kind and caring to him and it warms my heart to think of them.
    Your husband sounds like a wise man and has indicated what's happening. When we continually put others before ourselves, our body continues on until it says, "I've had enough. Now it's time to pay attention to me." My pain hit me right after I drove my youngest child off to university. It was a delayed reaction to a career I had left seven years prior, but I had thrown myself into being the best stay-at-home mom and wife I could be until my youngest was no longer available for me to look after. Then my mind had nowhere to hide.

7. Ellen Campbell

Ellen Campbell New Member

Thank you both for the encouragement that this conversation brought me. I am just beginning this journey from a very low place....I have been nearly bedridden for almost a year! I long to be one of the success stories!

EileenS likes this.
  8. Mindrasect

Mindrasect Newcomer

Your post is really nice and your idea for physical/psychological therapy is great, I also facing back pain so much for which I bought a recliner chair for me but after reading about therapy I also think to switch on it.

MindBodyPT likes this.