1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Foot pain/abnormality?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by dudevaldude, May 7, 2018.

1. dudevaldude

dudevaldude New Member

Dear community,

I have had ankle/calf/foot pain for several years; I had tarsal tunnel surgery 3 years ago to fix the supposed problem and it did absolutely nothing. I have tried the TMS approach for approximately 1 year, and things have improved, however, I'm not anywhere near 90 percent as a great deal of people seem to be. My ankle and calf still remain tight most of the time. I cannot seem to get over the hurdle of the appearance of my right leg/foot. My right foot is visibly flatter than my left, and my entire right leg seems crooked (my right knee points towards the midline and my right foot rotates out to compensate).

I observe people daily trying to see people who move pain free with similar asymmetrical feet/legs in attempts to comfort myself that my pain is purely TMS. What I'd really like to know if anyone has encountered a similar situation involving one foot being way flatter than the other. Thank you in advance, the success stories and general advice on this forum really gave me hope in my darkest hours.

Dudevaldude

2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

My feet were asymmetrical when I had my worst episodes of TMS; my right foot was flatter than the left foot. In fact my whole body was a bit crooked. Nowadays they are pretty symmetrical unless I have an episode of TMS. For me it is pretty logical; when one muscle starts to cramp up and/or feels painful, your body will align itself differently (and probably asymmetrical) to deal with the tension and pain.

Notallwhowanderrlost likes this.
  3. dudevaldude

dudevaldude New Member

Thank you, appreciate the perspective.