1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Feeling the Emotions that triggered Pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by PattiAnn2763, Aug 22, 2017.

1. PattiAnn2763

PattiAnn2763 Newcomer

I had some emotions that triggered pain. I didn't get the pain till 4 days later. I was so upset & angry that it caused my heart to pound out of my chest. It takes a lot to get me this upset and it does not happen often. This issue had to do with my son whom had passed away almost 2 yrs. ago so you may be able to imagine how upset I was. I wont go into the details but 4 days later is when the pain came in my upper right thigh. It git so bad i couldn't walk without limping. My leg just tightened up. I did nothing to cause this physically, so I know it had to be the incident, that caused alot if emotions to flare up and I'm sure some were sub-consciously also. I'm happy to be here and still learning.
    Namaste, PattiAnn

2. srton

srton Well known member

Sending you strength to deal with this. It sounds horrible all around (the trigger and the pain) and I'm so sorry that you're in this space.

Personally, when I've unexplainable horrific pain I use it as fuel to my fire. As bad as it is, maybe you can add it to your list of evidence that this is all TMS. The more often I remind myself that I'm dealing with TMS (and not something structural) the better I feel.
    Peace and wellness to you!