1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 12 Feeling stuck

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DontStopBelieving, May 21, 2017.

1. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

After 2 weeks of SEP (some of the days took more time for me), I feel stuck. The symptoms are much weaker and I can go through the day without too much pain but there is still the feeling of my head being too heavy for my neck and occasional nausea/dizziness. Today I also woke up with a depressed mood and back pain. The back pain stronger than usually. I know it is TMS, but I'm wondering if there is something else I should be doing? Or if I'm doing something wrong (this mught be my need to do everything perfectly and doubting myself i.e. low self-esteem)? I don't force myself to journal every day because for me it works better when it happens spontaneously but I read Dr. Sarno's and other books and read the SEP material every day. Looking back at the past 3 weeks, I can see how much the situation has improved. Last week was the first week I worked normally, I can dismiss the pain and talk to the child giving a tantrum very easily but I feel tired and frustrated. At the same time, it seems like the victory is very close by. Yesterday I went to the cinema with my husband and ate popcorn and gummy bears. While eating I felt ashamed, like a child who shouldn't be eating sweets because the parents don't approve. It was so strange and weird. It made me think that I feel like that when eating too much or exaggerating with sweets.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

You're doing great. Going to the movies with your husband and eating popcorn and some gummy bears... that's wonderful. Hey, don't feel guilty for giving yourself a treat. You earned it! You seem to be too hard on yourself, and that may be the main cause of your pain. Wanting to be perfect and low self-esteem are two more of the moist common causes of emotional pain. Tell yourself you're doing your best and like yourself more.

Have you tried visualizing yourself to be happy and pain-free? It's called "The Law of Attraction." Here is a good article about it:

Dr. Frederick Eikerenkoetter
    better known as Rev. Ike
    November 2008

Visualize. Whatever you want, see yourself as the one who has it.

Learn to use your imagination to "see" yourself already being, doing, and having the good which you desire.

You can be, do, and have anything that you direct your attention to, anything that you can SEE yourself being, doing and having.

When I say that you must "see" the good you desire, I am not speaking of seeing with your physical eyes. I am speaking of seeing with your Mind's Eye, the inner eye of your imagination. That is visualization. That is where the real seeing is done.

Whatever you can see yourself with in your mind, you will bring into your experience.

What you see is what you get! What you can visualize yourself with.
    Whatever you can see, you can be!

It sounds simple, but there is great power in this technique. You see, you cannot receive anything unless you first can conceive the idea of akready having it.

Maybe you would like to take a wonderful vacation. Maybe that's something that you've always wanted to do but thought you'd "never get the chance."

Here's how to visualize this
    wonderful vacation into reality:

First Decide Where You Want To Go!

The first thing you must do is to decide, clearly and decisively, exactly what it is that you want. You see, many of you have never taken a winter vacation because you never made it clear in your own mind just where you wanted to go!

Your mind is ready to work for you, but you have to tell it what you want it to do.

So the first thing you must do is decide on the kind of vacation you want.

Where do you want to go? When? What do you want to do when you get there?

Once you have clearly decided, then you can begin seeing yourself being, doing, and having that which you have chosen.

Prepare Yourself For Good

Once you have decided exactly what you want, it's important that you continually impress your subconscious "imagination" with the idea of having it.

Begin impressing your subconscious mind "imagination" with a winter vacation by getting travel brochures. Look at the beautiful pictures of the places you want to go to. Impress your subconscious mind with the idea of already being there.

Find out about the famous sites you want to see while you're there, and the different, exotic foods that you want to taste.

See Yourself Already Being There!

Next, you must begin to visualize, out loud or silently, and get "full of the feeling" of already being on your vacation. When you visualize your vacation, imagine yourself already there -- in the 'now' -- using all of your senses.

Not only 'see' yourself on this vacation, but, in your imagination, 'taste' the delicious food and drinks, 'smell' the smells, 'hear' the sounds, and 'feel' the feelings!

Before you go to sleep each night visualize to reinforce your subconscious mind "imagination" with the idea of a vacation and to bring your good desires into your life.

Once you have accepted an idea in your mind, everything necessary for the fulfillment of that idea begins to happen.

Your visualization, your belief, will go before you and lead you to all the ways and means of manifesting a first-class vacation for yourself!

Show more reactions

3. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

Hi Walt and thanks for the reply. I tried the exercise of smiling for no reason, just smile and that improves my mood. With visualisation I try to imagine a lot of white positive energy around me when I do yoga but will try your suggestion as well. I do get people telling me: "Don't beat yourself up that much!" that made me realise I am too hard on myself. It is not easy to change one's way of thinking though. One another thing that I do when doing yoga is imagine the child within my head, I put a hand on my heart and tell the child that I love her. The first time I did it, it made me cry.