1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Feeling good and happy

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by scrat26, Jul 22, 2016.

1. scrat26

scrat26 New Member

Feeling good with how the treatment is going. I feel like I'm still moving forwards, even though it's hard to keep that in mind when you have a bad day, and the pain is moving around, just to remind you! (I've had pain in shoulder where I've never had anything happen to my shoulder, and back spasms, which I've never experienced before). I'm getting better at telling it off! I have had some memories and feelings come to me while meditating and things in my past are coming back. For example today while meditating, I thought about my triggers (it was the first part of Day 10) and it came to me that that was when I got my cat Oscar, which was the first time I had hurt my back and had a week off work. He died a few years ago, so I looked up the date and it's about the time my back got worse again. I thought to myself, could it be something as simple as that?? Oscar was such a courageous spirt and an amazing personality, lived for 20 years. As you can tell, my cats become a huge part of my life, and my current one, Batman, is referred to as 'my cat' not 'our cat' by my partner. Anyway, I've added that to my list to journal about. Still not sure about the trigger for mornings yet, but it's a work in progress. Feeling great yesterday, and this morning I was moving around much sooner, so very happy. And I've been listening to a lot of music lately, makes me feel good, and I find I don't overthink so much.
    Hope everyone has a fantastic day x

birdsetfree likes this.
  2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Your post is like a ray of sunshine, Scrat! So glad things are going well.
    Blessings as you heal.

3. scrat26

scrat26 New Member

Thank you Gigi for your kind words. Gotta keep upbeat!