1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Exercise, a real hurdle

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by hopefilled107, Jan 9, 2023.

1. hopefilled107

hopefilled107 Newcomer

This is the first time I am doing this Educational Program, but the first time I went through Dr. Sarno's books I remember exercise being a challenging and yet satisfying venture. I remember there was so much freedom in moving my bodily freely again. However, I've had another child since then and am starting to get back into physical activity simply because of the season of life this time (but I am still showcasing other symptoms thus the reason of doing this program). (The trying to workout after baby is another issue of not letting my unrelenting standards and negative self talk drive the self-care ship in a season where I somethings feel like I'm living in someone else's body.)
    This time around those sentiments are still there, but I often catch myself thinking something like, "this stretch will loosen up the tightness." Today I ran around the yard with my oldest child and there was no pain just joy and gratitude of the moment. Then he threw a tantrum and I do not have the cognitive balance yet to take care of myself and him at the same time. I often help him and then it's on to the next thing in the day with kids. But I have also been diligent to walk briskly on the treadmill a few times a week and I am so grateful for it. It's just nice to be moving more freely. But it's another workout trying to kill the voices of all the dr's and chiro's, etc in my mind (swing your arms like this, don't do this, do this, stretch this -- NONE OF THAT MATTERS!)
    I know with all my heart I will get back to the person I was. I know with all my heart that my boys will grow up with a mum that is active and will take them on many adventures.

rudybarron and JanAtheCPA like this.